Sponsored

johnjackson99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq 5
Occupation
IT
Has anyone figured out how to hardwire the heads up display as well off of the taps?
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I've had multiple V1s over the last 15 years, including one stolen from a smash and grab. Recently I just got tired of all the alerts, even after tuning it to ignore a lot of the frequencies that aren't used around here. I ended up getting a Uniden R8 when I bought the Rivian. Big improvement. While I still love the design and display on the V1 better, the R8 has been a better performer for me and much quieter. R8 also has everything, and you don't have to buy extra addons like the SAVVY for the V1 just to do speed lockout.
Yeap. I also decided to get the R8 instead and sold my Valentine bcz of the annoying alerts. Really love the Uniden.

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yeap. I also decided to get the R8 instead and sold my Valentine bcz of the annoying alerts. Really love the Uniden.
I sent my V1 in to get a firmware update, done this a few times, seems to help a lot with the false alarms.

DAN.K

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD, 2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Sr Compensation Analyst
Clubs

Very cool - thanks for sharing. This is a bit more than I would want to try on mine, but I appreciate your craftsmanship. I'm still using the V1 with suction mounts and the power tap, details in this thread: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/radar-detector-hard-wire-who-has-done-it.4253/

To questions about the V1 - I've been using them for 20 years. In the thread linked above someone posted about V1 Driver, an iPhone app that pairs with the V1. I purchased and have been using V1 Driver and I basically get no false alerts any more. I wouldn't want to drive without it.
Thank you for this! I have a V1 Gen 1 that I got in 2015 for my 370Z. Sold her many years ago but just found my V1 in storage today. Was considering the GEN2 or other options but considering just running what I have.

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Thank you for this! I have a V1 Gen 1 that I got in 2015 for my 370Z. Sold her many years ago but just found my V1 in storage today. Was considering the GEN2 or other options but considering just running what I have.
I still use my V1 Gen 1 for highway road trips. Has saved me $1000's in tickets and insurance the past 20 years. Never have it mounted in-town because of all the false alerts......

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I still use my V1 Gen 1 for highway road trips. Has saved me $1000's in tickets and insurance the past 20 years. Never have it mounted in-town because of all the false alerts......
@Mark_AZR1T I used to unplug my V1 in town because of false alarms, but then I found out about the V1 Driver App on this forum.

I use it now and it works great. It has settings (which I enable) that automatically mute the detector based on your speed. The app was a one-time purchase and well worth it in my opinion.

See this post from @pfbz on this thread - https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/radar-detector-hard-wire-who-has-done-it.4253/post-192182
Sponsored