Sponsored

Using more battery energy since the last software update?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My truck is draining about 5% per day sitting in a cool garage. It never really used to do this. I think they broke something with idle power use (if you're driving like 15-30mi a day this idle drain could have a large impact on your usage, as for me it's dropped 100 miles in a week.)

Frustrating because I'm still going to have to pay for this electricity that created absolutely no value for me, and I even called them today and got no acknowledgement from their service people that this isn't normal (the CS agent did mention that it seemed like a lot.)
Rebooting the truck has always solved the bizarre phantom drain issues my truck has, even ones that persist day to day after usage.

If it doesn't, my suggestion is to post on Reddit and tag WassymRivian
Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
I've noticed this as well.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Rebooting the truck has always solved the bizarre phantom drain issues my truck has, even ones that persist day to day after usage.

If it doesn't, my suggestion is to post on Reddit and tag WassymRivian
Hard or soft reset?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I have noticed a drop as well and initially though it was the colder weather but now am not so sure. Previous efficiency was 2.5 and now I’m averaging around 2.0. On the other Hand, i have seen cold-weather efficiency losses of 20-40% in the i3 so perhaps not surprising.

I am also recording increased overnight drain. About twice what it used to be…

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
My energy consumption is not great. I took a trip to a concert today, battery was at 267 miles initially (270 miles for 100% full on AT 20"). When I got home, battery was almost fully drained, only 15 miles remained. I drove 175 miles total, speed was 80 mi/hr average with weather at 40F.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
My energy consumption is not great. I took a trip to a concert today, battery was at 267 miles initially (270 miles for 100% full on AT 20"). When I got home, battery was almost fully drained, only 15 miles remained. I drove 175 miles total, speed was 80 mi/hr average with weather at 40F.
How long was the truck sitting out during the concert? Maybe gear guard plus cold weather spells trouble?

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
How long was the truck sitting out during the concert? Maybe gear guard plus cold weather spells trouble?
2.5 hrs for concert + 2.5 hours for dinner

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hard or soft reset?
Hard reset. The truck now saves diagnostic logs before, so if the problem continues you're not just erasing history that they'd be able to look into.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
For what it's worth, I tried the hard reset and it did not help anything. Still seeing 5-6% loss per day. I've reported this to service and am waiting to hear back from them.

Lord knows what it's doing because I spend less power running my AC in the summer than this does sitting in the garage unused.

Deleted member 7086

Left my R1T at the airport for five days over Thanksgiving. High of 50 degrees, low around 20-25 degrees. Turned off gear guard, prox sensor, WiFi, did not use phone app. Lost 13%.

Deleted member 7086

With the colder weather my heater runs more particularly if it is set on auto. Kills the range.
Sponsored