Sponsored

Using more battery energy since the last software update?

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Hi, have any of you noticed that you are using more energy since the last update? I typically only drive 15 miles per day or so, and notice that I’m consuming more energy, as if I would have driven 30 miles! Without any other changes. Yes, it’s a bit colder and fain season is here, but would that explain the difference?
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Hi, have any of you noticed that you are using more energy since the last update? I typically only drive 15 miles per day or so, and notice that I’m consuming more energy, as if I would have driven 30 miles! Without any other changes. Yes, it’s a bit colder and fain season is here, but would that explain the difference?
My efficiency has also dropped.

Lurksalot

First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru, R1T
Occupation
none
Clubs

Yes, I have noticed I'm not getting the same efficiency. I assumed it was the weather change, but now that you mention it, could be the update.

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
I’ve noticed I’m losing more efficiency even when parked. Normally I would lose 1 % through the night, I seem to be losing 3 to 5% now.

i have not reported issues before, would you know how to go about it?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
No I haven't noticed except last night, but my son didn't shut his door all the way last night so the truck was awake all night

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve noticed I’m losing more efficiency even when parked. Normally I would lose 1 % through the night, I seem to be losing 3 to 5% now.

i have not reported issues before, would you know how to go about it?
Service request through the app.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

EVs are not as efficient in cold weather. Could this be the issue?

EVs lose range in cold weather

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

EVs are not as efficient in cold weather. Could this be the issue?

EVs lose range in cold weather
I have noticed a distinct drop in efficiency also, and have been debating how much to attribute to weather. But even with 70 degree temps in the afternoon I'm sometimes seeing significantly worse mileage than pre-update.

The weird thing is that my mileage seems less consistent. Sometimes it looks fine, but other times it is just atrocious. Only way to really know is downloading tons of data and cross-referencing with weather. I'm not going to spend hours doing that.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have noticed a distinct drop in efficiency also, and have been debating how much to attribute to weather. But even with 70 degree temps in the afternoon I'm sometimes seeing significantly worse mileage than pre-update.

The weird thing is that my mileage seems less consistent. Sometimes it looks fine, but other times it is just atrocious. Only way to really know is downloading tons of data and cross-referencing with weather. I'm not going to spend hours doing that.
I agree. Seems like the estimates are very inconsistent now. Drove 44 miles this morning and lost 18% battery (~240 mile range) . That makes it ~40 mile range loss @ ~55F compared to 280 miles @ ~65F pre-update if we attribute the range hit solely to weather and trust the GoM.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have less efficiency, but chalked that up to the colder weather.

Changes that I have noticed though is that PAAK sometimes activates from 60+feet away when approaching from the front (still doesn't work all that well when approaching from the back) and that gear guard is much more sensitive to the tree in my driveway (some time have a gear guard every minute over 3 hours because of the wind swaying the branches).

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

One thing to remember is just because it got up to 70 doesn’t mean the battery did. It’s a big heavy mass. It can take some time in ambient temperature to warm up if it doesn’t have anything to warm it up (like the vehicle on and pushing air through)

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

One thing to remember is just because it got up to 70 doesn’t mean the battery did. It’s a big heavy mass. It can take some time in ambient temperature to warm up if it doesn’t have anything to warm it up (like the vehicle on and pushing air through)
Sure of course. But low that morning was 60 and high 73. Wasn't like the battery temp was trying to climb from 32 degrees.

LanikaiBlue

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC-90 T8
Occupation
Healthcare
I have also noticed a drop in efficiency (from 2.4 to 2.0, a significant difference) over my daily work commute, starting the day after the most recent update. And although the weather is now colder, it wasn't immediately colder the day after the update completed.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
My truck is draining about 5% per day sitting in a cool garage. It never really used to do this. I think they broke something with idle power use (if you're driving like 15-30mi a day this idle drain could have a large impact on your usage, as for me it's dropped 100 miles in a week.)

Frustrating because I'm still going to have to pay for this electricity that created absolutely no value for me, and I even called them today and got no acknowledgement from their service people that this isn't normal (the CS agent did mention that it seemed like a lot.)
Sponsored