First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
There's a factor of safety. If you put 251 (or 301) lbs on there, its not going to fail. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't at least 1.5-2x the published limit.
oh for sure.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

There's a factor of safety. If you put 251 (or 301) lbs on there, its not going to fail. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't at least 1.5-2x the published limit.
I suspect you're right, but what I know for sure is that I don't want to be the one to find out what the true limit is.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I suspect you're right, but what I know for sure is that I don't want to be the one to find out what the true limit is.
I am 240 lbs and will volunteer for this duty by standing on the door while someone hands me weights until it breaks. All I need is for someone else to lend me their R1T...

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Also why I stayed away from the step at the first drive event. My 330lbs would be close to finding the answer lol.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Also why I stayed away from the step at the first drive event. My 330lbs would be close to finding the answer lol.
As mentioned earlier, better to find the answer on a test vehicle than your own!

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Probably worth pointing out that one of the most probable reasons for standing on this thing is to load something (possibly a heavy thing) into the bed or a cargo box. So be sure not to do that if you're on the margin...

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Probably worth pointing out that one of the most probable reasons for standing on this thing is to load something (possibly a heavy thing) into the bed or a cargo box. So be sure not to do that if you're on the margin...
As SeaGeo and Autolycus eluded to, it would be wise for all of us to keep our weight as close to the hinges/body-side as possible, especially when loading/unloading weighty stuff. I hate to sound paranoid, but I'll probably place "DO NOT STEP" stickers on the exposed body panel sides of the doors to remind those impaired/intellectually-challenged friends to keep off the painted surfaces.

Rivian R1T R1S Tunnel door weight capacity? 1634625868609

I assume people are smarter than that, but there is mounting evidence that not all share my belief......

Rivian R1T R1S Tunnel door weight capacity? 1634626998503

Rivian R1T R1S Tunnel door weight capacity? 1634628099249

Rivian R1T R1S Tunnel door weight capacity? 1634628364546

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Great excuse to compel kids and lighter significant others to do all of the loading/unloading. I hover around 170 so sadly I'll be the one out there in the snow dealing with all the gear...
Sponsored