Truck gone before 2 weeks

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
My coworker had is model 3 performance in the shop and was given a polestar. I thought the interior was fairly nice. It was strange how small the windows were for such a big car. It was stranger how tall the car feels- its offroad ready!
I’ve had a 3 and Y still own the Y. The polestar is real weird. It’s covered in fabric everywhere you look is fabric.

I miss my r1t!
Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Very soon I will be in the same boat. Fewer than 250 miles and the errors are starting to escalate and get more frieghtening each time the truck wakes from sleep.

I’m doing vehicle reset multiple times a day

I do not trust this brand new $80k vehicle.

No way I’m hooking up my boat to this thing.

At this point I’m just waiting to be stranded in an intersection and avoiding railroad crossings. I’m not kidding.

OP
OP

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Some quick updates:
The Rivian Service folks (800 service number) continue to be very much appreciated. They are well trained on empathy, language, and actually follow up with actions VS just delivering lip service. However, I still have no ETA on the return of my R1T.

While the Brooklyn service center has been pinged to call me for at least a full business week, that has not happened. However, today I received word from the service folks on the 4 issues:
1. Hood latch - has been completely replaced - lock and latch - error cleared and working properly
2. Motor faults and disabled vehicle alerts - appear to be related to a bug in the last OTA update. A fix is coming in the next update. They are investigating options for me.
3. Underside panel - they are looking at all the panels now and will provide further details after investigation.
4. Alexa connectivity - bug in software that has been addressed with a series of workaround steps (100% speculation from me on workaround steps - maybe logging in to Alexa and immediately doing a UI reset after confirmation of successful Alexa authentication).

I haven't seen many mentions of the same motor faults that I have - would have thought that more would experience that issue if it is related to a firmware update.

Brooklyn is supposed to call me to see when / how they might return the truck and test the new software version. I won't be holding my breath.

It is said that the greatest dish at a restaurant can be ruined by bad service, while only decent food can result in an amazing meal with great service. I'm starting to get hungry and I can't eat or drive great service.
Sponsored