Sponsored

Truck Bed Mattress for R1T - best recommendations?

martin85bg

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1T Performance / Model S P100D
Hi Folks,
We did our 1st Camping trip last week by the beach here in Newport Beach, CA. We have a decent set up for first time campers. Everything went well as far as fitting 2 adults and a small child on a full size normal mattress. It would be perfect if we had that type of mattress that go over the wheel well and provide a little more room. ( picture below) So my question is has anyone tried that mattress version?
I found this one on amazon ( link below) but with quite steep price ($330). Maybe any other suggestion?

Rivian R1T R1S Truck Bed Mattress for R1T - best recommendations? IMG_2706

It says that it fits short bed Rivian in their picture description - https://www.amazon.com/Pittman-Mattress-Original-Airbedz-Coverage/dp/B08W9K3GVX?th=1

Rivian R1T R1S Truck Bed Mattress for R1T - best recommendations? 71wIHNhN7IL._AC_SL1500_
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stimps

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1t
I've finished the internet looking for a 50" wide air mattress at a reasonable price. NO LUCK. I can't fathom the price of the Pittman. Not sure where to go from here. Keeping my eye on this post to see if anyone chimes in.

OP
OP
martin85bg

martin85bg

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have another camping trip coming up for Father’s day and i think i might pull the trigger and pay the damn $330.

OP
OP
martin85bg

martin85bg

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've finished the internet looking for a 50" wide air mattress at a reasonable price. NO LUCK. I can't fathom the price of the Pittman. Not sure where to go from here. Keeping my eye on this post to see if anyone chimes in.

this one fits good, thats what I currently have

https://a.co/d/2UmSEvT

Stimps

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1t
Great! So a 54" wide mattress will fit :clap: I'll buy it and put it in my 50" Napier bed tent and hope for the best. Maybe just under inflate a little? Thanks so much for posting!

Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
It is not super thick, but we bought the iKamper 5087 mattress to go in our X-Cover Mini tent and it fits perfectly in the bed, just sticks beyond the tailgate by 3”. Currently on sale for $209.

nickwooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC
Hi Folks,
We did our 1st Camping trip last week by the beach here in Newport Beach, CA. We have a decent set up for first time campers. Everything went well as far as fitting 2 adults and a small child on a full size normal mattress. It would be perfect if we had that type of mattress that go over the wheel well and provide a little more room. ( picture below) So my question is has anyone tried that mattress version?
I found this one on amazon ( link below) but with quite steep price ($330). Maybe any other suggestion?

IMG_2706.jpeg

It says that it fits short bed Rivian in their picture description - https://www.amazon.com/Pittman-Mattress-Original-Airbedz-Coverage/dp/B08W9K3GVX?th=1
If you don’t mind sharing, what size is your truck tent and how well does it fit?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

RTT

OP
OP
martin85bg

martin85bg

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you don’t mind sharing, what size is your truck tent and how well does it fit?
This is the tent. I got Full Size 5.5-5.8. It fits well slightly bigger. The 5-5.2 will fit like a glove if you want it perfect, i just wanted bigger.

https://a.co/d/0vJee1z

Rivian R1T R1S Truck Bed Mattress for R1T - best recommendations? IMG_9627

Sponsored

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
How hard is the tent to take on and off? Going to sequoia soon and am planning on doing some driving in the park while there

OP
OP
martin85bg

martin85bg

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How hard is the tent to take on and off? Going to sequoia soon and am planning on doing some driving in the park while there
There a re quite a few videos on Youtube, thats where i watched it 1st. Second time was super easy. We got it done in 15-20 with my wife. Its easier if you set it up on the ground first

OP
OP
martin85bg

martin85bg

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So today i received that fancy Pittman Airbedz expensive air mattress. ( $330) At first glance looks nice but it is that much more comfortable and really 25% more coverage i will be to tell after this weekend beach camping trip. Here is a few photos. I had to order the wheel inserts as well since i guess our wheel wells are much smaller. The width difference between both is about 5". Its basically $330 vs $21

Rivian R1T R1S Truck Bed Mattress for R1T - best recommendations? IMG_3419

Rivian R1T R1S Truck Bed Mattress for R1T - best recommendations? IMG_3420

Rivian R1T R1S Truck Bed Mattress for R1T - best recommendations? IMG_3421

Rivian R1T R1S Truck Bed Mattress for R1T - best recommendations? IMG_3425
Sponsored