howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen 2cv6, Tesla Model 3, Sprinter van, BMW x5
Occupation
pain in the ass
Clubs

I need to pick up an assortment of those clips. Any idea what they are called? Panel bolts? Panel clips?

I have an assortment of toggle bolts (one the ubiquitous 1000+ piece sets) but none looks like the ones pictured.
The black one is the one I’m trying to find, the turquoise clip are the ones that Rivian gave me and the gray one I believe was for my Mercedes van and the kind of whitish clear one came in a kit of generic panel clips which is what I believe they’re called. I checked all over Amazon and you could probably get the teh non-Rivian ones but I found that they don’t really hold it very well sometimes they kind of work. And I see that most of the people that have problems have the turquoise ones my R1 S was built in October 2022 and I have the black ones . If I do find replacements for the black ones, I will put it up on the forum. You may try and get this selection because they have that extra rubber washer. That’s what I believe BMW used when I pulled that one apart so they’re a little better. It’s like a GMC would have lock washers where Chevy would not. That was a joke.

https://a.co/d/i46xsdi
Sponsored

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

The black one is the one I’m trying to find, the turquoise clip are the ones that Rivian gave me and the gray one I believe was for my Mercedes van and the kind of whitish clear one came in a kit of generic panel clips which is what I believe they’re called. I checked all over Amazon and you could probably get the teh non-Rivian ones but I found that they don’t really hold it very well sometimes they kind of work. And I see that most of the people that have problems have the turquoise ones my R1 S was built in October 2022 and I have the black ones . If I do find replacements for the black ones, I will put it up on the forum. You may try and get this selection because they have that extra rubber washer. That’s what I believe BMW used when I pulled that one apart so they’re a little better. It’s like a GMC would have lock washers where Chevy would not. That was a joke.

https://a.co/d/i46xsdi
Awesome, thanks!