• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Maryland Trade 22” Sport Dark for 22” Sport Bright

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
If you have a change of heart, let me know! I had my truck wrapped, and the wrap is too dark with the wheels. Looking the lighten up the party.
Hey man I have had a change of heart. I fear its likely to late but in case its not I wanted to reach out to you. I am local in Crofton and have 5 full sets to include the spare. I have 8000 miles on these tires.
Sponsored

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
I’ve got 22 sport brights and would be down to swap for 22 dark sports. I’m located in Dallas though so not sure how to make that happen.

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
I’ve got 22 sport brights and would be down to swap for 22 dark sports. I’m located in Dallas though so not sure how to make that happen.
I have brights and want darks anyway

rivmok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS3, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I would like to trade my 22” sport dark wheels for sport brights.
D790C631-B80F-416E-8F74-8A222F843CF2.jpeg
I dont have the 22" brights but if you want to trade for 21"s I'd be interested. I'm located in MD.
Rivian R1T R1S Trade 22” Sport Dark for 22” Sport Bright 1671681754147

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
I dont have the 22" brights but if you want to trade for 21"s I'd be interested. I'm located in MD.
1671681754147.png
I really want all black wheels specifically but thanks anyway.

Sponsored

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I'd be down for this. Just got mine a week ago with the sport brights. How would we do the swap? Are your wheels off already?
Just as info I swapped my 22 brights for 20 At brights with a member a few months ago. The local SC handled the swap and programing both vehicles on the same day. I believe the charge was 300 bucks each. 100 for the wheel swap and 200 to program the truck. Make sure the wheel image matches before you leave. Mine had the 20 At standard showing, they corrected it on my service appt.

Rivian R1T R1S Trade 22” Sport Dark for 22” Sport Bright 20221005_140439

Rivian R1T R1S Trade 22” Sport Dark for 22” Sport Bright 20220923_144203

Last edited:

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Just as info I swapped my 22 brights for 20 At brights with a member a few months ago. The local SC handled the swap and programing both vehicles on the same day. I believe the charge was 300 bucks each. 100 for the wheel swap and 200 to program the truck. Make sure the wheel image matches before you leave. Mine had the 20 At standard showing, they corrected it on my service appt.

20221005_140439.jpg

20220923_144203.jpg
Ouch, $200 to reprogram? They did mine and from what I've read, others at no cost.

Different service center and person you worked with, different results I guess.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Ouch, $200 to reprogram? They did mine and from what I've read, others at no cost.

I agree it's too much. They need to add the ability to update it via settings in the main screen or over the air.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired

The difference in this case was he swapped wheels with another owner and didn't buy from RIVIAN.

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I agree it's too much. They need to add the ability to update it via settings in the main screen or over the air.
I do agree with that. Tesla allows you to select any one of their wheel options within the settings of the car. To charge $200 to do it for a customer seems a little petty.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I didn't buy from Rivian either. They took care of it on a service call.
Your SC is generous! Mine will charge me $100 for a service call reprogramming and I bought my 22" dark set from them. They brought my set to my house on a service call for free, but I'm waiting until April to install.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Your SC is generous! Mine will charge me $100 for a service call reprogramming and I bought my 22" dark set from them. They brought my set to my house on a service call for free, but I'm waiting until April to install.
What did you switch from? Is it really worth spending money to change it over. The only swaps that would have any material difference would be from 20's to 21's or 22's or 21's or 22's down to 20's. If going from bright to dark 22's, you're spending $100 or $200 simply to change the image that displays. 21's are the same circumference, so changing that is again, just to change the image in the screen.

For those upgrading from 21's or 22's to 20" all-terrains, considering the speedometer on these things are off, making that switch actually brings your speedometer reading right on target. So you benefit from not changing it. The only switch where it makes more sense to have it reprogrammed is if going from 20" AT down in tire diameter to the 21" or 22" tires. Then you'd want it so the speedo doesn't read 3-4 mph over what you're actually traveling. That was my case and why I wanted to switched. Couldn't care less about what image the screen showed in the truck. All but one possible scenario, that's all you're getting for it.

Just tell them they already said they would do it. And just wait for a time when your truck needs to go to service for some other reason and have them add it to the list.

• Haha
Reactions: Guy

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What did you switch from? Is it really worth spending money to change it over. The only swaps that would have any material difference would be from 20's to 21's or 22's or 21's or 22's down to 20's. If going from bright to dark 22's, you're spending $100 or $200 simply to change the image that displays. 21's are the same circumference, so changing that is again, just to change the image in the screen.

For those upgrading from 21's or 22's to 20" all-terrains, considering the speedometer on these things are off, making that switch actually brings your speedometer reading right on target. So you benefit from not changing it. The only switch where it makes more sense to have it reprogrammed is if going from 20" AT down in tire diameter to the 21" or 22" tires. Then you'd want it so the speedo doesn't read 3-4 mph over what you're actually traveling. That was my case and why I wanted to switched. Couldn't care less about what image the screen showed in the truck. All but one possible scenario, that's all you're getting for it.

Just tell them they already said they would do it. And just wait for a time when your truck needs to go to service for some other reason and have them add it to the list.
You read my mind so well! That's exactly what I would do if I need to have the truck reprogrammed, but I could care less. I have 20" regular wheels with a set of 275/60R20 XL winter tires now (the AT tires are in storage) and plan to put on 22" dark for better handling in April. I have also ordered a set of these 1EV Beadlock 20" wheels with the plan to install the AT tires on them.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs