Sponsored

Toyota kills remote start for existing owners, will require subscription fee to re-enable

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
The only way things like this do not become industry wide is for consumers not to put up with it. Reminds me of when BMW decided to start charging extra for Apple car play. They ignored the fact one could get carplay standard on cars that were much less expensive than most of BMW's offerings. They received so much negative feedback they dropped the plan.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I smell the excitement of a million slimy lawyers. Unless there’s anything in the MVPA when someone bought their 2018 Toyota that says Toyota could take away or alter included functionality, I don’t see how Toyota will get away with this.

Glad I realized years ago what a slimeball shitbag company they are so I don’t have one to worry about.

Anyway, since the most advanced Toyota anything out there is like tech from 1992, I doubt it would be more than a couple minute fix to keep that remote start enabled.

I hope all their customers give them the finger. But I’m sure some will give in to this extortion. Some seem to idolize the brand to the point of a cult following.
Sponsored