First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
For those of you who took delivery with a broken power tonneau, has anyone looked into how they disabled it? Did they just pull a fuse?
Sponsored

krikiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 CTS-V Wagon 6MT, 22 R1T, 22 R1S
Did you try opening it from inside the truck? They may have just disabled the external button through the settings.

Singlearrow

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Heard from my guide- with delivery expected in the next 1-2 weeks (take that IRS!)- that the auto tonneau “cartridge” is still in place (filling the area above the gear tunnel adjacent to the forward-most portion of the bed), but that it has no tonneau slats inside it and is additionally disabled. Bed rails remain and will be compatible with the soon to be manual cover. This seems like the most plausible current format for delivery given all the confusion regarding current/future tonneau solutions, bed rails, etc.
I Saw a photo on another thread of how much space the auto-tonneau cartridge takes up- a shame to lose that volume to dead space. I’d love to see a 3rd party/after market locked toolbox/storage solutions that could replace the empty auto-tonneau cartridge. Seems relatively straightforward to find the dimensions of the cartridge and build out a storage solutions w identical exterior dimensions and structural attachment points. Other ideas?

OP
OP

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
Mines being delivered with an actual power tonneau. It broke on the pre delivery inspection at the service center. I can choose open or closed. I know there was a small window of deliveries like this before the only choices were manual or none. Was wondering if anyone who took delivery of a disabled ( but all there ) PT dug in to how they disabled it. Don’t have the truck yet. Pickup tomorrow.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Mine was intentionally disabled on delivery (Nov 9th). I can see a slat wedged in the box slot at an angle so my guess was that they tested it during PDI and it got stuck. They told me they disabled it and will replace it with the new design which they expect sometime in early 2023.

Sponsored

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
They may have disabled it in the settings menu. I've turned mine off so I don't inadvertently open it before cleaning off dirt or debris.

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wrangler, Tesla Model X
Clubs

Mine was open at delivery in mid-November, and they had placed a sticker over the external button that said “do not use” or something like that. But the button worked. I wanted it closed, so i tried to close it, and it got stuck. I had to adjust some of the plastic rail that had gotten crimped and then made sure the cover was centered and aligned properly. And I also lubed the tracks. Once I did that, it closed fine. I’ve opened and closed it a bunch of times since then. It works fine. I’m careful to make sure there’s no debris on it or in the tracks. And I lube it every other week or so.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
What do you lube it with

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback

bpeter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Software
Mines being delivered with an actual power tonneau. It broke on the pre delivery inspection at the service center. I can choose open or closed. I know there was a small window of deliveries like this before the only choices were manual or none. Was wondering if anyone who took delivery of a disabled ( but all there ) PT dug in to how they disabled it. Don’t have the truck yet. Pickup tomorrow.
They disable it by updating the vehicle's software configuration to tell it that it does not have a tonneau cover installed.
Mine was delivered a couple months ago with a broken tonneau cover but it was not disabled as they didn't yet have the ability to do that. Every time I got in the truck it would complain that the tonneau cover needed resetting.
When I took it in to service to fix a couple other issues present at delivery I requested that they disable the cover. Apparently they had just gotten the ability to do that a day before my appointment. When I got the truck back, it thought it didn't have a tonneau cover, the button for it in the UI was gone and no more complaints about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
got mine today. it was stowed but buttons still work and UI still has it. Its broken ad jams upon opening. they must have forgotten.

Last edited:

Sprout

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T FE FG 21 ORP
Occupation
RADIAC tech
I received mine locked open. I believe it is there as there appears to be a slat in the slot at the front of the bed. None of the buttons do anything, but I can turn it on and off on the screen since the latest update. Still hopeful for a fix, s00n?
Sponsored