Sponsored

Tonneau Cover Shipments Resume - Official Email and Delivery Window

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Just came here via another chat ... basically I want to moan about how my delivery slot came and went but no comms from Rivian. I had to call in to find out why and even then they had no answer. Thankfully I found this about the addresses.

Why can't they just be open with us and say, "we goofed, but we're putting it right. Hold on a touch longer"? I'm cool with that. I'm less cool with having to find out via back channels.

Come on Rivian, your comms should be better than this. (rant over)
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just came here via another chat ... basically I want to moan about how my delivery slot came and went but no comms from Rivian. I had to call in to find out why and even then they had no answer. Thankfully I found this about the addresses.

Why can't they just be open with us and say, "we goofed, but we're putting it right. Hold on a touch longer"? I'm cool with that. I'm less cool with having to find out via back channels.

Come on Rivian, your comms should be better than this. (rant over)
Thats basically what the helpful chat CS told me today, but the fact I had to reach out to get the info was the issue that I have.

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
I just got off a chat on this same issue having not seen this thread. I was told that packages were still being delivered damaged and so they have paused for that again. Even though I was told this, I still don’t believe it. It seemed like a canned response for the first delay of manual tonneau. The shipping thing sounds far more plausible. An anecdotal reason why would be that my wife just had all weather floor mats show up for her new R1S out of nowhere yesterday. No order, no gift. I saw the big Rivian box and was sure it was my manual tonneau. Too bad we already bought different mats for the R1T and R1S but maybe I’ll use these for planned muddy days.

Update. My guide just got back to me and said that there were packaging problems again. So that’s two.

Last edited:

Baldewin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Fingers crossed, received a UPS email today that something from Rivian is coming tomorrow afternoon.

Baldewin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
It was a cruel hoax after all, I got the following this morning from UPS.

Hi Baldewin,​
Your delivery is being rescheduled.​
We'll provide an updated delivery date when we receive your RIVIAN LLCpackage.​

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Still waiting….

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I did finally receive mine after multiple delays. Happy to have it. Surprisingly it’s resolved an incessant whistling issue I’ve had since getting the vehicle that was driving me crazy (I thought it was the door or window). Also just overall turbulent airflow in the bed maybe? The cabin seems quieter. The open mechanism seems quite fragile I tried opening once won’t again until needed.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I did finally receive mine after multiple delays. Happy to have it. Surprisingly it’s resolved an incessant whistling issue I’ve had since getting the vehicle that was driving me crazy (I thought it was the door or window). Also just overall turbulent airflow in the bed maybe? The cabin seems quieter. The open mechanism seems quite fragile I tried opening once won’t again until needed.
Good to see they are still actually shipping to SOME people.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
11/8-11/13 window. December 1st, still no tonneau.

Baldewin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
It showed up today, safe and sound. Hopefully soon for the rest of you.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Baldewin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
The 11/3 email noted 11/8-11/13.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
It was a cruel hoax after all, I got the following this morning from UPS.

Hi Baldewin,​
Your delivery is being rescheduled.​
We'll provide an updated delivery date when we receive your RIVIAN LLCpackage.​
First, you get an email notice of shipment and tracking number. That email reads as if the package is already on the way, but it isn't the case. All tracking shows then (at UPS.com) is that a label had been created. The following day UPS picks up from Rivian, that's when tracking and delivery scheduling actually starts.

I just got mine today. It would have been yesterday because I "signature required" on the shipping notice and knew I wouldn't be home in time. So, I paid UPS the $9.99 to delay delivery until today. Little did I know the driver would just leave it at my door anyway, without even a knock on the door. Good thing no porch bandits were nearby. Yesterday, after rescheduling, I did get an erroneous email from Rivian saying it was delivered. A quick cross reference at UPS.com revealed the truth. So, obviously the backend of things between them and UPS are not working as they should.

Anyway, temper the paranoia. They are indeed shipping. And, for me, they're early. Window indicated in email was 12/8-12/13. Keep in mind also local weather and time of year. If you've got bad weather, that of course will slow things down a little. Plus, it's holiday season and we've just had Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Package volume through UPS has increased dramatically and the drivers have to make more stops per day than the rest of the year.

Last edited:

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T