Sponsored

This weeks update on delivery windows?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I believe they said beginning of the year they would add the delivery window to your Rivian account, not necessarily January.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I believe they said beginning of the year they would add the delivery window to your Rivian account, not necessarily January.
Yep, whatever "early 2022" means......

"To bring added clarity and better understanding to delivery timing, in early 2022 we are introducing a new feature on your Rivian Account Page that will display your current delivery timing estimate. "

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

From the early preorders changing to adventure, it sounded like they were going to rerun the production schedule at the end of this week or early next week.

We'll probably know more the end of next week.

Sponsored

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I chatted with CS on Friday and they told me this feature would be coming "soon", and windows would be updated at that time.

I also asked for an updated window since I switched from R1S to R1T. The window had not changed (although they did give me 1 month window April 22-May 22). This leads me to believe they do not have a real-time estimate, rather it's some batch process they run since I'd think R1T would have an earlier date than R1S. I don't expect we will be able to change options and see updated estimates right away. More likely it's something that would update periodically.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yep, whatever "early 2022" means......

"To bring added clarity and better understanding to delivery timing, in early 2022 we are introducing a new feature on your Rivian Account Page that will display your current delivery timing estimate. "
May 31

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
When they called 'early reservation holders' to see if I wanted to change from a Max Pack to Large Pack in exchange for a 'guaranteed 2022 delivery', they said we had until January 31 to decide, after which point they were going to lock in any changes and re-run the production/delivery schedule. So I would expect there to be some firming up of the delivery schedule in February, but as always....who knows

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

When they called 'early reservation holders' to see if I wanted to change from a Max Pack to Large Pack in exchange for a 'guaranteed 2022 delivery', they said we had until January 31 to decide, after which point they were going to lock in any changes and re-run the production/delivery schedule. So I would expect there to be some firming up of the delivery schedule in February, but as always....who knows
This logic makes sense and will prevent me from getting my hopes up for this week. I'll postpone my disappointment for next week. ?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

When they called 'early reservation holders' to see if I wanted to change from a Max Pack to Large Pack in exchange for a 'guaranteed 2022 delivery', they said we had until January 31 to decide
Token communication with those waiting the longest to keep them "engaged" and hooked on the line rather than jumping ship to another product. Nothing matters until the phone call/email about it being ready to ship.

Sponsored

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
Token communication with those waiting the longest to keep them "engaged" and hooked on the line rather than jumping ship to another product. Nothing matters until the phone call/email about it being ready to ship.
Agree, that's pretty much what it is until they call to arrange delivery.....but not sure what product I could jump ship to even if I wanted to

Last edited:

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I would bet anybody we will be updated this week on delivery windows. Thoughts?
I'll take that bet.
What do I win? :) Let me know if I should send you my contact details for sending payment.

I know there are a few hours left, and I would love to be proven wrong. But I don't think so...

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I think Rivian PR misunderstood "Dry January".
Sponsored