Sponsored

There are people with R1Ses without any issues right?

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Zero issues and I have been driving it for a year now. Best vehicle I have owned till date.
Sponsored

rso544

First Name
RS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
I’m set to pick up our R1S later today and of course cruising the forums now. I know there’s some bias by reading what’s posted in the forums but I just gotta ask…there’s people out there with vehicles that have no issues right?

It’s not 100% of people with AC noises? It’s not 100% of people with suspension problems? It’s not 100% of people with unaligned steering wheel? How about the drivetrain clicking?
Don’t scrape the forums *unless* you have an issue. The power of suggestion is a major behvior psychology phenomenon. As you read about every little issue you become heightened to it. Especially subjective stuff like “sounds”. Instead enjoy your amazing new car and have a blast, if something comes up call your guide and then check here. I come here for entertainment and quick overviews of fun tips. I don’t get caught up in the Karen-style missives warning that Rivian is going to “lose a customer for life” etc over some minor thing.

NorthVan57

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 nissan leaf, on wait list for R1S
Occupation
dentist
Clubs

No issues, wish regen braking was able to handle longer hills to go down, don’t want to use brakes coming down from ski hill

OhioMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Honda Accord
Occupation
Engineer
R1S picked up 3/31/2023 and have 11K+ miles on her. Only one "major" issue so far. Liftgate button failed and needed to be replaced. Cleveland Service Center took care of it in an hour while I waited.

Kraphtymac

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Ex R1S owner here, sold at 4k miles.

Wonderful car when it worked, but the biggest headache in my life when it didn’t.

Turning the key fob over when I sold it was the happiest feeling I’ve had in that car.

Sponsored

sfvR1S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad Adventure 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Occupation
CRE
Clubs

Picked up my R1S on 10/14/23. Not my daily driver (yet) so less than 600 miles, but so far (knock on wood) no problems. Haven't had a chance to try out all the features e.g. I'm waiting to add rock sliders for an off-road shakedown run.

Rivian is my 5th EV so maybe I had clear expectations about what it is.
Sponsored