First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I have a July 2020, LE R1S, 20’s, BM, no underbody shield, Compass Yellow on Pre-Order.

I also have a Guide. I switched from the truck to the SUV at the end of May.I never received a Delivery window with the, now infamous, June Email.

I keep reading people saying they have confirmed their configuration. On my Rivian page, it says my Configuration is confirmed, though I never did that. I assume my Guide did it on his end in an attempt to get me a delivery window.

Finally, I received two emails, one from Rivian, and one from my Guide saying I will soon be invited to the digital purchasing experience (8 steps). This happened at toward the end of August.

Has anyone else had their Configuration confirmed without them doing it?

Has anyone else had to wait so long once the Configuration was confirmed?

Or am I Just special because I am Compass Yellow and there aren’t many of us?
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I have a July 2020, LE R1S, 20’s, BM, no underbody shield, Compass Yellow on Pre-Order.

I also have a Guide. I switched from the truck to the SUV at the end of May.I never received a Delivery window with the, now infamous, June Email.

I keep reading people saying they have confirmed their configuration. On my Rivian page, it says my Configuration is confirmed, though I never did that. I assume my Guide did it on his end in an attempt to get me a delivery window.

Finally, I received two emails, one from Rivian, and one from my Guide saying I will soon be invited to the digital purchasing experience (8 steps). This happened at toward the end of August.

Has anyone else had their Configuration confirmed without them doing it?

Has anyone else had to wait so long once the Configuration was confirmed?

Or am I Just special because I am Compass Yellow and there aren’t many of us?
Well, I'm confused as to why you have a Guide and a confirmed configuration when I have an Aug 2019 LE R1S CY+BM+22+US and have heard nothing outside of the June email promising an Oct-Dec delivery window. And there are plenty of folks with older pre-orders than me who have also heard nothing. I think they just like to keep us all guessing.

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP
Sully151

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Well, I'm confused as to why you have a Guide and a confirmed configuration when I have an Aug 2019 LE R1S CY+BM+22+US and have heard nothing outside of the June email promising an Oct-Dec delivery window. And there are plenty of folks with older pre-orders than me who have also heard nothing. I think they just like to keep us all guessing.
I have a Guide because I had a May/June delivery for an R1T, but switched to the S. I doubt o would have it otherwise.

And don’t feel bad about your Oct-Dec window. I have no delivery window at all. Not even first Half of ‘23. This is where my confusion lies.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
2/21 R1T reservation here. I have never received a delivery window from Rivian, it’s going on two years now.

Last edited:

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I'm in a similar boat. My May 2019 LE reservation was originally a T with RB/OC slated for Apr/May and was "confirmed" by my guide. Then the OC delay happened, and I switched that reservation to an S with CY/OC via my guide. It is still showing as configuration confirmed despite a 1H2023 delivery window (as of the last update in July).

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I have a Guide because I had a May/June delivery for an R1T, but switched to the S. I doubt o would have it otherwise.

And don’t feel bad about your Oct-Dec window. I have no delivery window at all. Not even first Half of ‘23. This is where my confusion lies.
Perhaps the web site update coming later this month will shed some light. It's going to be interesting to see just how wide the estimated delivery windows are. And if they hold.

dementor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was looking forward to the update, but then I unexpectedly got a guide and VIN assigned last week. My original estimated delivery window was late 2023. I put this down to some config changes that I made in mid summer.

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Stepped in line 02/2021 ordering CY-OC-22" R1T. Have NOT made ANY changes. Have not gotten a guide. Have no other confirmation than the one I got when placing my order and $$$$. In March this year ($$$ increase fiasco) I was assured my order would stay the same and I was "scheduled" for an Early 2023 delivery. Honestly, reading the Forums and brief discussions with Customer Service, feel it will more likely be 2024 before getting my R1T. Who knows when I'll get a guide. Don't actually hear from Rivian and at times I really wonder if I'm still in line.

Dave711

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model YP, Lexus SC430
Clubs

Well you win some, you lose some or so I read that somewhere.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Well you win some, you lose some or so I read that somewhere.
If you're my 401k its the opposite. You lose some, you win rarely.

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, Rivian's poor comms is such a beat down. No new news there...

Rivian R1T R1S The Confusion on Configuration Confirmation is Real giphy

But at least we're 'suffering' amongst friends...lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: