Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I took one for the team... you're not missing anything. Feel free to skip it.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I took one for the team... you're not missing anything. Feel free to skip it.
Yeah, I watched it earlier as well.

They basically start insulting all of the other reviewers that were in attendance as not being reviewers but rather fanbois/influencers that are trying to cover topics they don't have a depth of knowledge in or are paid advertisers. And while I agree with their point that some of the MT review was less focused on the truck, and more on the trip (short on details of the truck), I don't think it's cool to openly bash other automags/journalists (let alone calling them fanboi's).

I used to subscribe and watch these guys... but now... @TFLtommy and team have soured my view of them pretty badly (unsubscribed from all of their channels).

It's one thing to be an auto journalist, not make the cut to be in the initial press pool and be annoyed and disgruntled, it's another thing to act like petulant children over it (and worse, encourage/stand by idly as your user base attacks and harasses a manufacturer, EV owners, and pre-order holders over it).

I thought about sending them a note offering to let them drive my truck if they didn't get one for a review back before this all blew up, but now... hell no. I very much doubt they would be unbiased at this point personally.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yeah, I watched it earlier as well.

They basically start insulting all of the other reviewers that were in attendance as not being reviewers but rather fanbois/influencers that are trying to cover topics they don't have a depth of knowledge in or are paid advertisers. And while I agree with their point that some of the MT review was less focused on the truck, and more on the trip (short on details of the truck), I don't think it's cool to openly bash other automags/journalists (let alone calling them fanboi's).

I used to subscribe and watch these guys... but now... @TFLtommy and team have soured my view of them pretty badly (unsubscribed from all of their channels).

It's one thing to be an auto journalist, not make the cut to be in the initial press pool and be annoyed and disgruntled, it's another thing to act like petulant children over it (and worse, encourage/stand by idly as your our user base to attacks and harasses a manufacturer, EV owners, and pre-order holders over it).

I thought about sending them a note offering to let them drive my truck if they didn't get one for a review back before this all blew up, but now... hell no. I very much doubt they would be unbiased at this point personally.
I unsubscribed as well as a result of this whining video. If I have to see this thread pop up in What's New anyway ideally its because others were turned off and this whole scheme to get more clicks and eyeballs backfired.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
the trashing of other people was really disappoitning, and claiming a 'guy who emailed customer service' cancelled his order when he clearly was hinting at he wasn't going to order, not cancel an order, that CS rep handled that message nicely.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
These guys act like they’ve been auto journalists for 20 plus years. I’m unsubscribing as well.
Sponsored