Sponsored

TFL snubbed by Rivian: video

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

When they were complaining about the switch to bezel-less on iPhones and to usb-c only on macs, I can tell they probably would have similar complaints about the Rivian if/when they get their hands on one. I’m sorry but those battles ended years ago. If you aren’t open to new ideas then yes a Silverado will be “game changing”
Yeah I think they were fine complaining about the yoke steering (except for what that has to do with Rivian?) but the complaining about the iPhone unlock thing had some serious "Old Man Yells at Clouds" vibes.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If you aren’t open to new ideas then yes a Silverado will be “game changing”
I think it’s funny to see people who don’t want their cheese to be moved use the term “game changer”.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Yeah I think they were fine complaining about the yoke steering (except for what that has to do with Rivian?) but the complaining about the iPhone unlock thing had some serious "Old Man Yells at Clouds" vibes.
Indeed. Although, to play devils advocate, I think it’s comical that Apple hasn’t added a Touch ID sensor to the iPhone 13 (in addition to keeping Face ID). They obviously have the technology, since they put a Touch ID sensor in the power button on the iPad Air. That would address everyone’s desires and allow the user experience to be best no matter the situation.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Indeed. Although, to play devils advocate, I think it’s comical that Apple hasn’t added a Touch ID sensor to the iPhone 13 (in addition to keeping Face ID). They obviously have the technology, since they put a Touch ID sensor in the power button on the iPad Air. That would address everyone’s desires and allow the user experience to be best no matter the situation.
FaceID works great I think and Apple’s iPhone design refresh is every 2 years. The power button Touch ID will probably show up next year.

OP
OP

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
FaceID works great I think and Apple’s iPhone design refresh is every 2 years. The power button Touch ID will probably show up next year.
By the time they get touch ID back in the iPhone we'll be done wearing masks (let's hope...) and we'll all be wondering why it's back.

But maybe in our next pandemic we'll all be wearing gloves, so ??‍♂

Though as a health care worker who is frequently in the operating room and wears a face mask regularly, I've wished my iPad pro had touch ID instead of face unlock from the day I got it.

Sponsored

Vegeta

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord
Occupation
Manager
I would like to see Rivian get @TFLtommy some rigs to review and test. I don’t think this is necessarily alarming, However, I am slightly alarmed that Rivian and RJ are getting a little arrogant. But only slightly like I said, this doesn’t change my opinion on the company though.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I would like to see Rivian get @TFLtommy some rigs to review and test. I don’t think this is necessarily alarming, However, I am slightly alarmed that Rivian and RJ are getting a little arrogant. But only slightly like I said, this doesn’t change my opinion on the company though.
I find it funny that one of literally hundreds of bloggers and not one that even focuses on EVs does not get to be one of the first to review a vehicle, puts an 18 minute video out there about how outraged they are and Rivian are the arrogant ones.

Clearly they feel entitled to the point that they seriously overreacted in an effort to gain more traffic to their site.

To be honest, until this thread I’ve never heard of these guys and now that I have it is not in a favorable light.

Do a quick search, close to 100 sites that specialize in EVs and not a single one of them reacted in such an childish unprofessional manner. Perhaps they should take 18 minutes to reflect on their own behavior and reaction.

Vegeta

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord
Occupation
Manager
I find it funny that one of literally hundreds of bloggers and not one that even focuses on EVs does not get to be one of the first to review a vehicle, puts an 18 minute video out there about how outraged they are and Rivian are the arrogant ones.

Clearly they feel entitled to the point that they seriously overreacted in an effort to gain more traffic to their site.

To be honest, until this thread I’ve never heard of these guys and now that I have it is not in a favorable light.

Do a quick search, close to 100 sites that specialize in EVs and not a single one of them reacted in such an childish unprofessional manner. Perhaps they should take 18 minutes to reflect on their own behavior and reaction.
Well tfl has multiple sites not just trucks. They review ev’s. You sound just as butthurt as they did lol. The more people that have access the more popular the vehicle will be. It would be beneficial for Rivian to give them a truck to review, it would reach the more old school truck audience.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Well tfl has multiple sites not just trucks. They review ev’s. You sound just as butthurt as they did lol. The more people that have access the more popular the vehicle will be. It would be beneficial for Rivian to give them a truck to review, it would reach the more old school truck audience.
And maybe Rivian will do that some time! Remember that they are acting like whiny little babies and siccing their fans all over the internet to continue the tantrum not because they will never get a vehicle from Rivian, but because they were not invited to a single one-time event. They’re not barred from Rivian forever.

Many others also didn’t get invitations but somehow avoided careening into a self indulgent entitlement spiral.

The multi day shitstorm this set off, plus calling the Silverado a “game changer” sure makes me think I can’t trust their judgment on anything, though!

Vegeta

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord
Occupation
Manager
And maybe Rivian will do that some time! Remember that they are acting like whiny little babies and siccing their fans all over the internet to continue the tantrum not because they will never get a vehicle from Rivian, but because they were not invited to a single one-time event. They’re not barred from Rivian forever.

Many others also didn’t get invitations but somehow avoided careening into a self indulgent entitlement spiral.

The multi day shitstorm this set off, plus calling the Silverado a “game changer” sure makes me think I can’t trust their judgment on anything, though!
The zr2 does look pretty good. It’s not in the same realm nor is it nearly as capable as the R1T but itll sell more simply bc it’s more affordable and it’s an off road truck which is super popular right now. I like tfl bc they seem pretty unbiased

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I like tfl bc they seem pretty unbiased
That’s where you lost me. After this internet temper tantrum, I am now convinced they are anything EXCEPT unbiased

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

That’s where you lost me. After this internet temper tantrum, I am now convinced they are anything EXCEPT unbiased
They came as close to admitting that this will impact future opinions on Rivian as they possibly could without saying it.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
The zr2 does look pretty good. It’s not in the same realm nor is it nearly as capable as the R1T but itll sell more simply bc it’s more affordable and it’s an off road truck which is super popular right now. I like tfl bc they seem pretty unbiased
“Pretty good” and “game changer” are leagues apart.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
It would be beneficial for Rivian to give them a truck to review, it would reach the more old school truck audience.
Pretty sure MotorTrend > TFL on the "old school truck" crowd.

Or really, any other professional automotive review media outlet.

Rivian does not have enough trucks to loan one out to everyone, they will triage for scope of impact on the desired target audience(s) and go from there.

On top of that, the video they put out probably torpedoed their chances of popping to the top, not just with Rivian, but other manufacturers, especially the net new ones.

Lastly, I'd rather Rivian focus on shipping trucks to buyers that put cash down, before building up any additional trucks for the press pool.
Sponsored