Texas Roll Call

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
@bajadahl - thanks so much for the pointers! Frio River area looks beautiful. Never been there before, so it would be fun to explore the area, and see a total solar eclipse.
My family visits a lot of state parks here in TX. The crystal clear water of the Frio River & surrounding "Hill Country" is absolutely gorgeous. Garner is our favorite state park so far...river is incredible (fun to enjoy during the summer) and some great hiking as well. Awesome part of TX, but somewhat remote with no major towns close, but the small towns are part of the charm.
Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
@bajadahl - thanks so much for the pointers! Frio River area looks beautiful. Never been there before, so it would be fun to explore the area, and see a total solar eclipse.
A long time ago when my wife and I were poor college students we spent part of our honeymoon in a cabin on the Frio. It really is beautiful area of Texas.

GPinIAH

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge ram 1500 Longhorn
Occupation
Engineer
New to the Party, Houston just pre-ordered an R1S, Black on Black, 22' wheels. considering the matte wrap when it arrives also! Looking forward to it.

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
I'm in line for an LE R1T in Rivian Blue with the 20" all terrains

Native Texan now living in College Station. Pre-ordered in July 2020 and hoping to have my truck by the holiday season.

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
I'm an imported Texan here....makes me still a Texan right? From Edinburgh, Scotland and living here with my Texan wife and kids in Sugar Land outside of Houston. I did have the (triple motor) Cybertruck on pre-order but cancelled that today.

Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Wow, great to see a lot of us.

Native TX, grew up in Houston, college in Lubbock, then lived in Dallas 8 years or so. Been 'stuck' in Chicago for almost 15 years but am now part time and soon full time living back home down around Marble Falls / Spicewood TX (45 minutes West of Austin in the Hill Country).

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
full time living back home down around Marble Falls / Spicewood TX (45 minutes West of Austin in the Hill Country)
Beautiful area, I have family in Marble Falls & some good friends in Spicewood on the lake. We'll have to organize a TX Rivian meetup at Hidden Falls Adventure Park to do some off road "testing"!

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To all my fellow Texans here, please take a couple minutes to do this!

BTW, be sure to reach out to your state rep & senator in support of HB 4379. Hopefully it will get more traction due to Tesla's Austin Gigafactory, but the car dealers have a very powerful lobby...

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

Waiting @ Houston Area for our * R1S * LE * Glacier White * Black Mountain [or Ocean Coast] * 20" All-Terrain *

Sponsored

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
LE R1T currently Launch Green/Black Mountain 20" wheels. New Braunfels

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Austin. Hope to gather with you all and do some offroading after I take shipment in January!
Alright, I have to know what color... I think there are already a couple of us considering white for R1S here!

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
Alright, I have to know what color... I think there are already a couple of us considering white for R1S here!
It's not until my dad comes visit and he says "why are there so many white cars here" that I actually notice that yes, there are a lot of white cars here :) Back in Scotland, where it rains constantly, you will only see white as police vehicles and company trade vehicles.

I do actually like white cars but my wife, who is a recent 22 year veteran engineer in the oil industry (it's how we met), forbids any car colour being present in our garage that reminds her of getting up at 3 in the morning to travel across state to run wireline in a West Texas / New Mexico oil or gas well.

superfluid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Tech
Blue exterior with the Oceana interior, silver wheels with off-road tires. It was the only color the family agreed on and I figure it will make it easier to find in the woods ?
Sponsored