Texas Roll Call

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Me too, and I think maybe @electruck as well. White R1S should be represented here in The Lone Star State!
Yep! Glacier White LE is what I have configured for now at least. I am still really torn on color but having seen the white in person I know I would be very happy with that. I could easily end up changing colors if I get to see some of the others in person or even based on some decent photo/video from Rivian. I am also still waiting to see just exactly how the 3rd row folds down to determine if I (well, more precisely, if our dogs) can live with that or if I'm going to need to wait for the 5 seater in 2022.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
El Capitan Granite for me assuming it looks good in person... At least that's what I've got configured...

Of course for now I'm #StillHoldingOutFor400+

ToxicZombie

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox, Lexus RX350
The next event that they have announced is in San Francisco. According to other forum members, Rivian will be in attendance at the Fully Charged Live show in Austin 1-2 February.
Isn't Full Charged in September? Where did you find it was February?

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Isn't Full Charged in September? Where did you find it was February?
Fully Charged has an event in June in the UK (I think) and in September in Austin. The 2020 Fully Charged Live was in Austin in February.

ToxicZombie

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox, Lexus RX350
Fully Charged has an event in June in the UK (I think) and in September in Austin. The 2020 Fully Charged Live was in Austin in February.

Ahh.. I didn't catch that. I hope I can make Sept. But... we might have our cars by then. ;)

cowsr4eating

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1992 Chevy C1500
Fort Worth. Preordered R1T with max pack. 2022 delivery is fitting as it will replace my 1992 Chevy truck. A new truck every 30 years seems about right.

Sponsored

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Apologies this is a bit off topic, but I'm not sure if it deserves a unique thread (at least not yet):

There will be another total solar eclipse passing over the continental US in 2024:

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2024Apr08Tgoogle.html

Although the path of totality covers several states, the point of maximum totality is in Mexico, so the location of the longest duration for totality in the US will be . . . in Texas!

Any Texans here have some suggestions about where to see totality, accessible (of course) by our Rivians? Somewhere that requires an adventure vehicle would be great (get away from some of the crowds), although that also requires a charging stations within 100 mi or so . . .

If you haven't seen a total eclipse, they are stunning.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Apologies this is a bit off topic, but I'm not sure if it deserves a unique thread (at least not yet):

There will be another total solar eclipse passing over the continental US in 2024:

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2024Apr08Tgoogle.html

Although the path of totality covers several states, the point of maximum totality is in Mexico, so the location of the longest duration for totality in the US will be . . . in Texas!

Any Texans here have some suggestions about where to see totality, accessible (of course) by our Rivians? Somewhere that requires an adventure vehicle would be great (get away from some of the crowds), although that also requires a charging stations within 100 mi or so . . .

Trust me... this is on my list of "must do items" for 2024. I live within the edge of Totality in Austin which means I may very well stay in my backyard to avoid the craziness (I'll get a little over 2 minutes of totality in my backyard.) However, if I were to venture out I have a few suggestions - If you are ok with camping then I would consider Garner State Park if you can get reservations. It is on the edge of the center line so will be a great viewing option 4+ Minutes of Totality. If hotels are more your thing... Kerrville or Fredricksburg are both good options they both will also get 4+ minutes of Totality but are going to be more touristy... Especially Fredricksburg.. but it's a great German town with lot's of small town charm. Kerrville will probably be crazy because it's on the IH10 corridor. Other remote options are cabins along the Frio River. Google Search Frio River and you should find tons of cabins. Any located between Leakey and Concan would be perfect and quite remote. (This is the same area as Garner State Park which will probably be more crowded)

Anyway that's my 2 cents....

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

<snip>
Yes they are. We live in Salem, OR. The path of totality was dead center where we live during the last eclipse that passed over the US.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
R1T LE in DFW area (Southlake)
Sponsored