First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L FE
Occupation
Retired Electronics
I just got back from Yellowstone NP. As per your map, the park is a wildlife preserve on top of a volcano and a DC charging desert!

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla V3, V4 Superchargers and RAN Stations Map (kml for Google Earth) Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 10.50.39 PM

Except for some very unused V2 stations in West Yellowstone.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla V3, V4 Superchargers and RAN Stations Map (kml for Google Earth) IMG_3612

If Elon can send a roadster to Pluto, I would think he could configure an adapter for V2.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Is it possible to add a specific marker for locations with Magic Docks? I recently found out there actually is one in Pittsburgh. I was just looking for compatible ones down the road when I get my adapter sometime this decade, and only realized it was a Magic Dock because of Plugshare reviews.

OP
OP
ksurfier

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Occupation
Fake Science Lead
Clubs

Is it possible to add a specific marker for locations with Magic Docks? I recently found out there actually is one in Pittsburgh. I was just looking for compatible ones down the road when I get my adapter sometime this decade, and only realized it was a Magic Dock because of Plugshare reviews.
Sure, added them as sequential blue icons (original markers also there with additional info):

Didn't look for any errors so use at your own risk...
Rivian R1T R1S Tesla V3, V4 Superchargers and RAN Stations Map (kml for Google Earth) 1716590940928-hc

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

On Tesla's site they show destination chargers and superchargers. I get that superchargers are the higher KW charging speed. Will all superchargers work with the NACS to CCS adapter? Is the destination charger similar to l2 charger at home that will work with an adapter also? E.g teslatap?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ksurfier

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Occupation
Fake Science Lead
Clubs

On Tesla's site they show destination chargers and superchargers. I get that superchargers are the higher KW charging speed. Will all superchargers work with the NACS to CCS adapter? Is the destination charger similar to l2 charger at home that will work with an adapter also? E.g teslatap?
Key Info:

1. Charging Speed:
• Tesla Superchargers: Provide high-speed DC charging, capable of adding up to 200 miles of range in about 15 minutes.

• AC Destination Chargers: Offer slower AC charging, typically adding around 30-40 miles of range per hour, suitable for overnight or long-term parking.

2. Location and Use:
• Tesla Superchargers: Located on major travel routes and designed for quick, on-the-go DC charging during long-distance trips.

• AC Destination Chargers: Found at hotels, restaurants, and other destinations, intended for extended stays where slower charging is adequate.

Reactions: GRC

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Not all superchargers will work with non-Teslas (currently Ford and Rivian). Tesla's map has a filter. Rivians and Fords can charge at "Superchargers Open to Other EVs" and at "Superchargers Open to NACS". The latter requires you to bring a NACS-> CCS adapter like the official one, A2Z's, and Lectron's. The former are "Magic Dock" stations that have the adapter built into the pedestal.

Destination Charging can be done by any Rivian with a Tesla->J1772 adapter like TeslaTap.

The two types of adapters are not interchangeable. One works on for DCFC and one works only for AC (level 2) charging.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla V3, V4 Superchargers and RAN Stations Map (kml for Google Earth) 1718110488517-1h

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

Thank you. This is very helpful. I ordered the A2z bundle with the AC & DC adapter so hopefully both will work well

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’ve had good luck using the built in navigation to find available Tesla Superchargers that work with an adapter.

Just go through the navigation settings to enable or disable the filter for adapter needed in the navigation settings where you chose charger speeds / network.
Sponsored