Sponsored

Tesla Raises Prices

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Model X really jumped in Price. The R1S equivalent with 7 seats now starts at $120k.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
Price increases on the Model Y are likely designed to make a gap for their lower range variant that's going to come out of Austin. Our Model Y is an exceptionally good vehicle, but the super unrefined suspension, pretty meh build quality, and overly simple interior make it a poor value at $64K.

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
Price increases on the Model Y are likely designed to make a gap for their lower range variant that's going to come out of Austin. Our Model Y is an exceptionally good vehicle, but the super unrefined suspension, pretty meh build quality, and overly simple interior make it a poor value at $64K.
I 100% agree. The Model Y is only a good vehicle at < $50M. Above that price point you're sneaking into luxury territory to which the 3/Y is not.

That said, the price increases have done wonders for my Model S I purchased in late 2019. I've held onto the MS because I have no equivalent to replace it with at a good price point, but I've sold 4 other vehicles since the middle of 2020 and made giant profits off each. So for all those Y owners out there that got in at low 50s.. I don't blame ya for asking over current msrp prices if people will pay it.

Sponsored

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Model X really jumped in Price. The R1S equivalent with 7 seats now starts at $120k.
Makes me question the likelihood of R.J. sticking to his promise on price/specs delivering my R1S in 23 and now may be even 24.

Texasrivian

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi S3, 2019 Tesla Model 3
Thank you to Rivian raising the prices when they did as I ordered a Model Y the next day before any of the price increases for Tesla in 2022. Not only am I getting my LR Model Y for 58990, but will be getting my reinstated Rivian R1S Quad Motor Large Pack for 74,000.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

An exceptionally good vehicle except for poor build quality, unrefined suspension and an overly simple interior. Sounds like a mediocre vehicle at best.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I hope Elon doesn't frequent this board. $50M could buy me a rocket to Mars!
In accounting and finance parlance (and in Roman numerals) 'M' is thousands and 'MM' is thousands of thousands (aka millions).

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Definitely saw that coming. I have a Model S Long Range coming in a month or so and it is about $15K lower than current prices.

Plan was to keep the Tesla until the Rivian comes and sell it. I could probably make money! But I'd like to keep both if I can convince the wife :p.

Model 3 Dual Motor up $2500 (now $54,490)
Model 3 Performance up $3000 (now $61,990)
Model Y Long Range up $2000 (now $62,990)
Model Y Performance up $3000 (now $67,990)
Model S all models up $5000 (Long Range starts at $99,990)
Model X up $10,000 (now $114,990)

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
An exceptionally good vehicle except for poor build quality, unrefined suspension and an overly simple interior. Sounds like a mediocre vehicle at best.
I understand why someone might think this and make such an adorable comment. In reality however, our Model Y:

1) Saved my wife's life in a horrific driver-side side-impact collision that EMTs told us would have resulted in grave injury or worse in most vehicles
2) Provided video of said contested collision, saving us untold insurance trouble and money
3) Due to our cheap electricity and free supercharging miles, has cost us ~$500 to travel 10,000 miles.
4) Has required zero maintenance
5) Has class-leading storage space that frankly makes the need for a truck questionable
6) Continues to accumulate useful new features
7) Can smoke most vehicles from a dig and is not completely soul less to drive, despite being a 100 mpg mom-mobile
8) Has access to the supercharger network that has thus far been indispensable to our personal travel habits.

There is more to a modern vehicle than panel gaps and paint quality.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Yeah was toying with buying a model 3 LR DM to hold me over until old Rivian comes down the road, but my indecision over the last 3 months has seen the price continually update higher.

Still on the fence.... FML

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
Yeah was toying with buying a model 3 LR DM to hold me over until old Rivian comes down the road, but my indecision over the last 3 months has seen the price continually update higher.

Still on the fence.... FML
I got really lucky. I picked up an M3SR+ 6 months ago for under $40k. That same model today is $7k more. Was even thinking about putting an order in on a MYLR last week, but now with the new prices Ill just wait for my R1T.
Sponsored