Sponsored

StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now!

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Does an iPhone 14 Pro Max sit flat on the charger without a case and the lid closed? I have the Adventure Mat and my only gripe is that the camera bump is taller than the ledge, so it only sits nicely with a thicker case on (which reduces the stick-out of the camera bump). The StowNCharge may be the upgrade I dream of.
With StowNCharge the phone sits about 7mm higher than the drawer. I wouldn't anticipate camera bumps exceeding that. AdventureMat could use some redesign tweaks...

@Mcdubjr mine mysteriously stopped working the other day and then mysteriously works perfectly again. So not sure if there is a loose cn (doubt this) or short somewhere - or the truck just stopped powering temporarily (my money is on this one). Other than this one blip... I am very happy with mine.
Funny you mention this. Mine stopped the other day as well. I am wondering if it is a heat issue?

Other than the blip I LOVE this thing.
There is a heat issue where the MagSafe chargers don't operate till they cool back down. I've noticed this getting back into my truck when left in the hot sun - would take around 10 minutes before they cooled and started operating.

You could also have a loose connection - please reach out to me if you continue to have problems.
Sponsored

Delivery Purgatory

First Name
Taran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1S LE/ECG/BM/22/UBP
Occupation
Selfmade
Having a hard time finding my place in line on the website, after I log in and go to the product I am no longer able to see my spot. I was #25 on Sunday last when I checked. Now it just says sign in, when I do I'm redirected to my order page which is blank haha

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Having a hard time finding my place in line on the website, after I log in and go to the product I am no longer able to see my spot. I was #25 on Sunday last when I checked. Now it just says sign in, when I do I'm redirected to my order page which is blank haha
Unfortunately the waitlist app can be a bit buggy - I worked quite a bit with the developer trying to get it resolved but no luck yet. What I found is that if you use a private window it will work but it's still not straight forward as it dumps you at the orders page. So try these steps:

1. Navigate to the product page in a private/incognito window (https://adventurehightech.com/products/stowncharge)
2. Click the sign in link and login
3. You are now probably on the orders page, click "Adventure High Tech" in the top left, and click on the StowNCharge product again. With any luck you'll be good to go.

Or just shoot me an email and I'll look you up. [email protected]

Delivery Purgatory

First Name
Taran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1S LE/ECG/BM/22/UBP
Occupation
Selfmade
Unfortunately the waitlist app can be a bit buggy - I worked quite a bit with the developer trying to get it resolved but no luck yet. What I found is that if you use a private window it will work but it's still not straight forward as it dumps you at the orders page. So try these steps:

1. Navigate to the product page in a private/incognito window (https://adventurehightech.com/products/stowncharge)
2. Click the sign in link and login
3. You are now probably on the orders page, click "Adventure High Tech" in the top left, and click on the StowNCharge product again. With any luck you'll be good to go.

Or just shoot me an email and I'll look you up. [email protected]
Yup that worked, private mode on safari & then exactly as you said. #20 now so hopefully “soon” like everything with Rivian’s haha

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Just want to say I received my Stow'n'Charge last week. Install was super easy thanks to the great instructions and I love the product. my phone 'snaps' to the magnetic pucks under the surface and the slightly larger compartment with sliding cover is much better. I can actually fit some things in there (keys, apple airpods).

Thank you!!

Sponsored

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

Just want to say I received my Stow'n'Charge last week. Install was super easy thanks to the great instructions and I love the product. my phone 'snaps' to the magnetic pucks under the surface and the slightly larger compartment with sliding cover is much better. I can actually fit some things in there (keys, apple airpods).

Thank you!!
Is there enough room for the door to close with your AirPods in the compartment?

I want the StowNCharge so bad, but man, it's a steep price point considering you still need to buy the pucks as well. I have to stop buying stuff for this vehicle. It's getting out of hand. Ha!

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Is there enough room for the door to close with your AirPods in the compartment?

I want the StowNCharge so bad, but man, it's a steep price point considering you still need to buy the pucks as well. I have to stop buying stuff for this vehicle. It's getting out of hand. Ha!
Yes, AirPods fit.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Got my StowNCharge installed last weekend. Finally upgraded my phone from an XS to a 15 pro, so I can actually take advantage of MagSafe. I'm using Apple chargers. Everything is very nicely done and works great! Install was very easy! So, huge thumbs up!

I did notice one tiny flaw that I know has been mentioned, and which you might have addressed in a design change? My unit doesn't really clip/snap into place. It just kind of rests against the front. That was fine with just the phone. I could easy lift it, but only when doing so on purpose. However, I added a Spigen case to my phone, and the case's magnets are clearly stronger than the phone's. Now when I pick the phone up, the entire StowNCharge comes up with it. I assume the best solution to that is a little double-sided tape? If so, where should I put it (bottom, front, somewhere else)?

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Got my StowNCharge installed last weekend. Finally upgraded my phone from an XS to a 15 pro, so I can actually take advantage of MagSafe. I'm using Apple chargers. Everything is very nicely done and works great! Install was very easy! So, huge thumbs up!

I did notice one tiny flaw that I know has been mentioned, and which you might have addressed in a design change? My unit doesn't really clip/snap into place. It just kind of rests against the front. That was fine with just the phone. I could easy lift it, but only when doing so on purpose. However, I added a Spigen case to my phone, and the case's magnets are clearly stronger than the phone's. Now when I pick the phone up, the entire StowNCharge comes up with it. I assume the best solution to that is a little double-sided tape? If so, where should I put it (bottom, front, somewhere else)?
Yes, some people have used double sticky tape or velcro to make it stay down. (And yes, this has been addressed in a small revision that just started shipping).

This is an image from a customer of where they placed the tape that seemed to work well.

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! stownchargeta

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Yes, some people have used double sticky tape or velcro to make it stay down. (And yes, this has been addressed in a small revision that just started shipping).

This is an image from a customer of where they placed the tape that seemed to work well.

stownchargetape.jpeg
Perfect. Thanks! I love the product so far, and this is such a minor issue. Glad you were able to find a tweak to resolve it. It's a really well-executed product. Anybody on the fence should get it! So much better than Rivian's solution.

Sponsored

StitchK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Audi S5
Got my Stowe and go about 3 weeks ago. Installation (with thin double sided tape) was a breeze. Great product, definite upgrade from OEM (used MagSafe).

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Jim, stop visiting the forum! Back to the shop I'm number 56 on the list, these things aren't gonna build themselves lol 😁🤣 Can't wait to get it.
Doing my best! You're probably #37 now. ;)

chaynes745

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Doing my best! You're probably #37 now. ;)
I guess I jumped on the train late. Sitting at #230. Any way to ‘buy’ an earlier number? :cool:

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I guess I jumped on the train late. Sitting at #230. Any way to ‘buy’ an earlier number? :cool:
I've been asked this a few times, but I've always declined. Just want to keep it fair.

Also note, although you are at a high number it might not be as long as you think. I had a big burst of people on the wait list recently (I think from a social media post). This has happened in the past and a large percentage do not go through with a purchase.
Sponsored