First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
I’ve had my R1T for a month and I am still waiting on my 20” spare that I paid for at delivery. They claim it is the government required placard label that is back ordered. it is supposedly not available until the end of July. Anyone else getting the same response?
Sponsored

GriffJP

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Dodge Challenger Demon, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I haven't received mine either. No word on when it will be delivered. I took delivery of my R1T May 10th.
To ask an off topic question - how long did it take for you to get your FL registration and license plates (if you gotten that far)?

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I haven't received mine either. No word on when it will be delivered. I took delivery of my R1T May 10th.
To ask an off topic question - how long did it take for you to get your FL registration and license plates (if you gotten that far)?
I was May 6th and still no reg/title.

GriffJP

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Dodge Challenger Demon, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I was May 6th and still no reg/title.
Thanks for the info. If I hear anything about registration or spare tire arrival time frame I will be sure to share it with you.
Otherwise - I freakin' love this truck! And I used to drive a 2018 Dodge Challenger Demon (my wife drives that now).

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

I’ve had my R1T for a month and I am still waiting on my 20” spare that I paid for at delivery. They claim it is the government required placard label that is back ordered. it is supposedly not available until the end of July. Anyone else getting the same response?
Having exact same issue…CS made an appointment for the 29th, then changed/cancelled it without any notification! had to call to find out WTF was going on…said parts weren’t available… supposedly I’m getting it on the 6th of July now…this is coming from Dallas service center BTW.

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
One month plus and also waiting.

smwwilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T coming
This might be a dumb question- but since it’s the spare, can’t we just get a non matching wheel and tire??

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I’m in the same situation, delivery in late May and paid for spare but told to expect it after July 22. Specifically asked about placard shortage and was told that the issue had to do with the balance of spares/no spares for compliance with EPA mileage rating. Basically adding a spare adds enough weight to lower mileage and if more than a certain percentsge have spares they get in trouble with EPA.
I could see this described as a placard shortage because they are only allowed so many placards with spares in order to comply with EPA standards.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I could see this described as a placard shortage because they are only allowed so many placards with spares in order to comply with EPA standards.
Is the placard being mentioned here the door sill “tire and loading” sticker?

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Is the placard being mentioned here the door sill “tire and loading” sticker?
I think so. What other placard could it be. Wouldn’t that one need to be updated?

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I think so. What other placard could it be. Wouldn’t that one need to be updated?
I would think so, but I wasn’t sure if there was something else I wasn’t aware of.

Oddly my Monroney shows my spare tire but my tire and loading sticker does not. Once they install it do they update the sticker?

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
That's annoying. So if I buy a spare from some third party (assuming they existed) you don't have this placard issue?

I bought the spare to leave in the garage, not install into the truck. Crazy.

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Thanks for the info. If I hear anything about registration or spare tire arrival time frame I will be sure to share it with you.
Otherwise - I freakin' love this truck! And I used to drive a 2018 Dodge Challenger Demon (my wife drives that now).
I texted my guide yesterday and she was able to find out that my registration paperwork was turned over to the third party registration company on June 15th. We agreed to give it a couple of weeks before working on a loaner car arrangement. I have until August 1st.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
This might be a dumb question- but since it’s the spare, can’t we just get a non matching wheel and tire??
If you can find one…. There aren’t many options that fit.

The Rivian ’spare’ also includes jack/tools of a unique design, so they’d be hard to source aftermarket, as well.
Sponsored