Spotify Integration

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
In a video on the Rivian Vimeo page, there is a shot of a music interface on the screen:
Rivian R1T R1S Spotify Integration D501DA2B-6BF4-4877-88B4-63D7394BBF31

The larger album/playlist art clearly has the words “Chillin’ on a Dirt Road“ on it. Sooo, over on the Spotify app, you can find this:
Rivian R1T R1S Spotify Integration 22B75DA5-28AE-41D7-ABFC-D4258EB7C9A9

While we may not have Spotify integration officially confirmed, this makes me think it’s there!

edit: Vimeo link here
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

^^ Kickass Find I can confirm that playlist is only on Spotify and not on Amazon! Woot my requirements for audio have been met as that is all I use haha.

OP
OP
damonator5000

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
^^ Kickass Find I can confirm that playlist is only on Spotify and not on Amazon! Woot my requirements for audio have been met as that is all I use haha.
Same! Spotify is all I use for music. Tesla took forever to integrate it (in the US) so I’m happy to see images of it already for Rivian!

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Not a Spotify user but this is great news for those that are.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I absolutely hate Spotify. I sincerely hope that Rivian is not putting all their eggs in that basket. I need Apple Music integration.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I recently switched to YouTube Music - not as great as Spotify but the ad-free Youtube experience for videos is too good to pass up.

This is why many have been calling for CarPlay/Android Auto integration. Everyone has their own favorite music app and map app and Rivian is shooting themselves in the foot by choosing a closed system.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I absolutely hate Spotify. I sincerely hope that Rivian is not putting all their eggs in that basket. I need Apple Music integration.
I don't do play lists, period. I am, however, anxiously awaiting confirmation of SiriusXM support.

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I recently switched to YouTube Music - not as great as Spotify but the ad-free Youtube experience for videos is too good to pass up.

This is why many have been calling for CarPlay/Android Auto integration. Everyone has their own favorite music app and map app and Rivian is shooting themselves in the foot by choosing a closed system.
This is off topic, but I had been using google play music (switched from Pandora years ago) for the same reason - getting ad free Youtube, my main source of video streaming these days, was a solid deal. When Google did away with Play Music and moved everyone to YouTube Music, the user experience tanked. Not only did I like Play Music over Youtube Music, but they managed to make the regular YouTube experience worse if you were using Youtube Music as well by flooding youtube with music videos and random playlists. I'd be curious to hear if your experience is the same.

Back on topic - I've been waiting to see what would be well supported in the Rivian, and then I plan to switch again. I'd be happy with Spotify.

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
In a video on the Rivian Vimeo page, there is a shot of a music interface on the screen:
D501DA2B-6BF4-4877-88B4-63D7394BBF31.png

The larger album/playlist art clearly has the words “Chillin’ on a Dirt Road“ on it. Sooo, over on the Spotify app, you can find this:
22B75DA5-28AE-41D7-ABFC-D4258EB7C9A9.jpeg

While we may not have Spotify integration officially confirmed, this makes me think it’s there!

edit: Vimeo link here
If you squint, looks like the album art for the following songs are the same too

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
This is off topic, but I had been using google play music (switched from Pandora years ago) for the same reason - getting ad free Youtube, my main source of video streaming these days, was a solid deal. When Google did away with Play Music and moved everyone to YouTube Music, the user experience tanked. Not only did I like Play Music over Youtube Music, but they managed to make the regular YouTube experience worse if you were using Youtube Music as well by flooding youtube with music videos and random playlists. I'd be curious to hear if your experience is the same.

Back on topic - I've been waiting to see what would be well supported in the Rivian, and then I plan to switch again. I'd be happy with Spotify.
Back off topic again - YouTube Music has gotten better. You no longer have a shared watch history. Only the search history seems to be shared. You might get some weird looks if you recently searched for "Hot Legs" on youtube music from your phone and then someone sees your search history on your TV app but at least your video feed isn't filled with music videos...

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I agree that Play Music seemed better for my tastes. I do see the music video and playlist 'channels' more prevalently now when I browse YouTube but they don't bother me as much. Overall I just feel like Spotify has much better music curation and recommendations built in - YT has some catching up to do but hopefully they get there eventually, because I do not want to give up ad-free YT videos anytime soon!
Sponsored