South San Francisco Delivery Updates? Bay Area R1S roll call

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
Who has picked up or has a date to picking up their R1S in South San Francisco?
I, like everyone else, am wondering how they are going down their long list!
When did you order, how close to the center do you live?
I've been waiting about 4 years now and I'm wondering if this delivery for me is going to be pushed into 2023!
How's the delivery experience in SSF?
I live closer to their planned San Francisco service center but that looks like it won't be operational till late 2023 at best.
Sponsored

pschlampp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, Tesla Model X
Hi. I have not taken delivery nor received an email from them yet about locking config. I'm an August 2019 reservation holder. Adventure, FG, BM, 20" ATs, nothing out of the ordinary. I live right next to the SF deliver center in Burlingame. I'm in the same boat as you. Best of luck to both of us!

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Watching thread as well :) 11/27/2018 preorder, same spec w/o underbody shield. ~20 miles away from south SF service center. Left normal on 9/30 according to guide so I'm guessing it's one of the ones that a forum member saw last friday that arrived in SSF, but no word from the center on delivery timing etc.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Nov 2020 R1S LE, Midnight, with underbody shield reservation holder. I'm in east bay and calling CS twice a week and have told them very flexible with my color options and need the vehicle ASAP. So for no luck!

OP
OP
thunderdeep

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Watching thread as well :) 11/27/2018 preorder, same spec w/o underbody shield. ~20 miles away from south SF service center. Left normal on 9/30 according to guide so I'm guessing it's one of the ones that a forum member saw last friday that arrived in SSF, but no word from the center on delivery timing etc.
Congrats! I'm sure you'll get to pick yours up by Thanksgiving. Good luck.

For the rest of us let's hope the delivery times don't slip and they keep the Oct-Dec timeline when they release the new timelines in the next few days...

Sponsored

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
I'm heading over there for an R1S test drive next week. Hopefully will see a lot R1S getting prepped. I swung past a few months ago and there were tons of trucks. Will report back.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
No word for this Feb 2019 LE R1S reservation, posting here to get pinged as others get news from this SC.

OP
OP
thunderdeep

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My delivery window just got pushed again... from Oct-Dec now to Jan-Feb.
Thanks Rivian... 4 years wasn't enough time... but people who ordered AFTER 2018 are getting theirs... lovely

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AYFKM? February - March 2023?

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
My delivery window just got pushed again... from Oct-Dec now to Jan-Feb.
Thanks Rivian... 4 years wasn't enough time... but people who ordered AFTER 2018 are getting theirs... lovely
this does not seem fair....i'm really sorry to hear. your preorder date is just about as early as they come and there are 2020 preorder holders getting their vehicles already. you even added the UBS on there which should move it up. i wonder if this speaks toward some larger issue with r1s production.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
this does not seem fair....i'm really sorry to hear. your preorder date is just about as early as they come and there are 2020 preorder holders getting their vehicles already. you even added the UBS on there which should move it up. i wonder if this speaks toward some larger issue with r1s production.
IF LG/BM can't be made for a 2018 reservation this year, something's gone wrong for sure.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
100% certain something went wrong, that's why they pushed out all R1S deliveries. I just booked an appointment with BMW dealer to checkout ugly iX in person. I desperately need a car and can't wait for another 6 months and longer.

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
I’m assuming they are making some major changes to the delivery strategy and continuous improvement capas on their line to account for fit and finish problems. Ie Post delivery follow up overhead was too high of a burden and tweaks to their line to improve quality will help scale. Will be best for them in the medium term to solve this as the quality of their vehicles will go up and they will have less overhead to support issues right after delivery. The ramp will be faster afterward as well. Really sucks for people close to delivery but it will be a good investment in time and stock value in the long run. Pull the bandaid off before it gets to be too much of a problem.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I dropped by the SC a couple of days ago since I was down the street on an errand. There are a number of R1S in the lot, either owner-vehicles or in delivery prep.

Also, I’m spotting them all around lately. There are 2 in Half Moon Bay (GW and FG) that I’ve seen in the last 24 hours, and I’m pretty certain they’re local.

They’re out there. Congrats on everyone getting their S’s! I should have my T in the next 2-3 days.

OP
OP
thunderdeep

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I saw 2 R1Ss in the North Bay this weekend. LG and LA Silver. Its definitely puzzling how these are being allocated out... Maybe they ordered before me- but I somehow doubt it.
Sponsored