Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Actually they are very stable in the sand dunes, we brought a nissan patrol and a lc 300 Land Cruiser with us , the rivian was way more stable and didn’t get stuck while the other two offroaders were struggling

So...like what happens if you need service? Do you ship your truck back to the States, or do you find some hobbyist Electrical Engineer tinkerer and hope they don't bork it?

Just curious.

Cool that you were able to get a Rivian in Dubai!
Sponsored

Hamdan alqubaisi

First Name
hamdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1t
Occupation
Business owner
So...like what happens if you need service? Do you ship your truck back to the States, or do you find some hobbyist Electrical Engineer tinkerer and hope they don't bork it?

Just curious.

like I said we have a service center in Dubai that has 3 branches they are called evs( electric vehicles service) they are experts in rivians and they have a stock off parts from rivian , in January they were able to open up a rivian motor and actually fix the copper wire or whatever is in there which rivian them selfs dont do but replace the motor, last year they were able to get in the system by overpassing some kind of code , then after they fixed that motor i was talking about thats where rivian sent some official engineers to look at how they did it, and from there a relationship was established between rivian and evs , the engineers closed that loophole that evs uses and gave evs a hot line to the engineers where if something needs coding or something like that they hook up the laptop to the car then give remote access to rivian, the second official visit from rivian was last month when we were heat testing in the dunes , if you pay attention to the videos i posted from the interior, you will see that there is some kind of sensor rivian installed in the ac vent , apart of many wires going all around the car to get readings, any way as a customer you pay evs 9000$ and they give you a 3 year 100,000 miles service contract and warranty service. Btw they have 9 electric bed covers in there spare parts that they received from rivian, and 1 front and 1 back new electric motors.

Hamdan alqubaisi

First Name
hamdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1t
Occupation
Business owner

Just curious.

We actually have 7 r1s and 18 r1t in Dubai that were imported from the us , and the numbers are growing

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

like I said we have a service center in Dubai that has 3 branches they are called evs( electric vehicles service) they are experts in rivians and they have a stock off parts from rivian , in January they were able to open up a rivian motor and actually fix the copper wire or whatever is in there which rivian them selfs dont do but replace the motor, last year they were able to get in the system by overpassing some kind of code , then after they fixed that motor i was talking about thats where rivian sent some official engineers to look at how they did it, and from there a relationship was established between rivian and evs , the engineers closed that loophole that evs uses and gave evs a hot line to the engineers where if something needs coding or something like that they hook up the laptop to the car then give remote access to rivian, the second official visit from rivian was last month when we were heat testing in the dunes , if you pay attention to the videos i posted from the interior, you will see that there is some kind of sensor rivian installed in the ac vent , apart of many wires going all around the car to get readings, any way as a customer you pay evs 9000$ and they give you a 3 year 100,000 miles service contract and warranty service. Btw they have 9 electric bed covers in there spare parts that they received from rivian, and 1 front and 1 back new electric motors.
We actually have 7 r1s and 18 r1t in Dubai that were imported from the us , and the numbers are growing

That's incredible! I had no idea there was any kind of presence--I assumed you had to import the vehicle and were 'on your own.' I guess I should've realized with the money floating around that area of the world, there'd probably be a collective of opportunity for 'nice' vehicles including esoteric ones.

I did spend about a year in Kuwait, and it was as if all of the Corollas and Jettas were replaced with Porsche Boxsters and McLarens.. . I do NOT miss that climate...

Pacblue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Missing text message the support is, purely IMO, inexcusable years after the SW team has released production releases. The CarPlay and AA whinning will drop 40% the moment is it released...Then they need to (continue) to work on maps....

Sponsored

Hamdan alqubaisi

First Name
hamdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1t
Occupation
Business owner
That's incredible! I had no idea there was any kind of presence--I assumed you had to import the vehicle and were 'on your own.' I guess I should've realized with the money floating around that area of the world, there'd probably be a collective of opportunity for 'nice' vehicles including esoteric ones.

I did spend about a year in Kuwait, and it was as if all of the Corollas and Jettas were replaced with Porsche Boxsters and McLarens.. . I do NOT miss that climate...
im sure you dont , 😂 you literally have to be born in this climate to acclimate with it , in Dubai only about 5 to 6 months of the year the weather is under the 85s and the rest consider your self in a suna ,

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

Anyone get this update yet?

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
and, anybody getting this update yet?

Still nothing here.....

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yes, but it works on the Apple Watch Ultra if you assign an unlock shortcut to the action button.
You can use the shortcuts with a regular watch, but you have to speak the command or go to the Shortcuts app. Either way, still works well. I've been using the spoken commands when I want to turn off proximity key functionality because I'm hanging around the truck.

Sponsored

ActionableDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, LA Silver 22 Sport Bright
Occupation
Market Research Executive
Is this update available yet? Do they appear as ready when the time comes, or can you force an update when it is available?

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Is this update available yet? Do they appear as ready when the time comes, or can you force an update when it is available?
No way to force it, we just have to wait... Rivian takes a long time getting the updates to all the trucks...

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

and, anybody getting this update yet?

Still nothing here.....

I feel like these comments come up EVERY TIME there's an update.

For those of you new to the forum/Rivian, you CANNOT force an update. They're rolled out in stages. No one seems to know for certain how it's handled (not by purchase date, location, on/off wifi, by VIN, etc... they all have seemed to be ruled out, so roll the dice and wait your turn).

What IS *relatively* consistent is that they start rolling out about 2 weeks after the documentation is made public. In this instance, it seems that the Internal Release date was 11/3, so the SOONEST I'd anticipate anyone sees them is 11/17, BUT I also don't recall ever seeing updates drop on Friday, so I'd probably anticipate the first users would see them (barring finding any egregious bugs at the Rivian Employee internal testing-level) is Monday, the 20th.

ActionableDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, LA Silver 22 Sport Bright
Occupation
Market Research Executive
Hopefully they will fix the issues associated with the phone book upload; I still don't have my phone book uploaded to my R1S, hoping this is addressed in this update.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue, or found a solution? I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

This is really cool, glad you have some R1T/R1S company out there! But by far my favorite news is that they were doing some testing with the HVAC. I really really can't wait for a serious update there to fix that logic, hope this contributes somehow.
Sponsored