Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Just got the notification on my phone for the update, so I immediately went out to hit the start button.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Just got the notification on my phone for the update, so I immediately went out to hit the start button.
FWIW, you can start the update from your phone... No need to go to the truck.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, you can start the update from your phone... No need to go to the truck.
Good to know!!! Thanks for the information.

With our Volvos you have to do a song and a dance by the car to make sure the OTA goes smoothly and doesnā€™t brick your car. I donā€™t remember if you could update our Tesla with your phone or could only physically activate it from the car.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
In case folks are wondering, the new update assignment seems to be totally random. I picked up my truck on Saturday (after the release was available) and just got the notification this morning. Someone on here suggested that they would update my truck to the very latest SW build at the SC but this does not appear to be the case. I'm updating now...

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I donā€™t remember if you could update our Tesla with your phone or could only physically activate it from the car.
Yes it can be done via app as well

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Rivian, if youā€™re listening, please let me disable the truck going into park when I lift my butt off the seat when backing up. It and vampire drain are my only 2 gripes with the vehicle.

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

For those of you stuck waiting on an electrician to put in your level 2 charger...(yeah that's me) and stuck charging on a 110v outlet, the speed to charge doubled for me. I was at 1.5 miles per hr...with update I'm at 2.5+ per hour. Better and hoping the level 2 will do same thing with update.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
In case folks are wondering, the new update assignment seems to be totally random. I picked up my truck on Saturday (after the release was available) and just got the notification this morning. Someone on here suggested that they would update my truck to the very latest SW build at the SC but this does not appear to be the case. I'm updating now...
Notifications do appear to follow some algo, it's possible that they are randomized. I have had four updates now and they have ranged from very late in the cycle to the most recent that was fairly early. Hang in there. We are all learning.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Notifications do appear to follow some algo, it's possible that they are randomized. I have had four updates now and they have ranged from very late in the cycle to the most recent that was fairly early. Hang in there. We are all learning.
Oh I wasnā€™t complaining. I just thought it was interesting that the update wasnā€™t applied to the truck while they had it for 6-7 days at the SC. Someone had speculated that the SC updates software as part of their standard QC but that doesnā€™t appear to be the case.

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Iā€™m not sure where else this is discussed because itā€™s hard to searchā€¦ but I wish they would fix the sport mode ā€œbuckingā€.

The transition between accelerating and regenerative breaking is basically non existent.

If they would let the thing coast for a second or two after lifting off the accelerator in sport mode you wouldnā€™t find your foot bouncing on and off the accelerator between the two functions as you get jolted back and forth.

Anyone else experience this?

Turning regeneration down helps a little, I think.
I agree. Rivian only has a Standard and High setting for regen. But a simple coast for a split second before kicking into regen would be nice.

Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I agree. Rivian only has a Standard and High setting for regen. But a simple coast for a split second before kicking into regen would be nice.
Hmm. I don't use sport mode often, but when I do I appreciate the instant response to control inputs.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I haven't really noticed bucking and I've been playing with the sport modes in around town driving. Curious, Is this your first EV with OPD? I know the first couple days in my Tesla were a bit strange, mostly because I go back and forth between an EV and and ICE vehicle. But once I got the hang of it there wasn't much difference.

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
Same with "bucking" in sport mode. If I hit a bump with firm suspension and slightly get off the throttle the combo of instant regen + suspension bounce + my foot bouncing a little makes the bucking embarrassing and uncomfortable for passengers. I'm coming from a Model 3, and it wasn't a problem but the suspension was very soft. I don't have this problem in other modes. Hard to describe but it's almost impossible to keep my foot still enough to not have a few "bucks"

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Same with "bucking" in sport mode. If I hit a bump with firm suspension and slightly get off the throttle the combo of instant regen + suspension bounce + my foot bouncing a little makes the bucking embarrassing and uncomfortable for passengers. I'm coming from a Model 3, and it wasn't a problem but the suspension was very soft. I don't have this problem in other modes. Hard to describe but it's almost impossible to keep my foot still enough to not have a few "bucks"
Why are you using Sport mode if your primary concern is passenger comfort? Seems you may be misusing the modes.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Why are you using Sport mode if your primary concern is passenger comfort? Seems you may be misusing the modes.
If only there was a driving mode that was designed for a wide range of purposes that provides comfort while still being sporty. You could go so far as to say it addresses "all purposes"
Sponsored