Paradigm_Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Audi RS5, and a few more
Occupation
Architect
Clubs

I was driving our 2023 R1S yesterday and found myself behind an R1T. As we approached a traffic light we both merged into the left turn lane and came to a stop. Waiting at the light, I noticed that the R1T ahead had a flashing directional indicator built in to his /her side view mirror while our truck does not. Is this a model year change /update or do the R1T's have this while the R1S's do not?
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I was driving our 2023 R1S yesterday and found myself behind an R1T. As we approached a traffic light we both merged into the left turn lane and came to a stop. Waiting at the light, I noticed that the R1T ahead had a flashing directional indicator built in to his /her side view mirror while our truck does not. Is this a model year change /update or do the R1T's have this while the R1S's do not?
My May 2023 R1S has turn signals on the side mirrors.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You can't see it from the drivers seat unless the mirror is frozen over on that edge, acting as a light pipe. Not being able to see it normally is intentional so you don't confuse it for the blind spot indicator.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
Both of mine appear to be the same. T is 2022, S 2023.
Rivian R1T R1S side mirrors -directional indicators? IMG_2347
Rivian R1T R1S side mirrors -directional indicators? IMG_2346

OP
OP
Paradigm_Shift

Paradigm_Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Audi RS5, and a few more
Occupation
Architect
Clubs

LOL, I should have taken more time to write the post. It appeared that indicators in the truck ahead of me were visible _to the driver_ in the mirror housing but, as Dark FX noted, it cannot be seen from the rear unless the vantage point is far enough behind the vehicle.
Sponsored