Sponsored

Should I add Underbody Shield to my configuration?

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

On resale, since it doesn't change the driving dynamic of the truck and isn't visible. It will likely depreciate like most options do on cars. So maybe $500 more resale in the future. Look at R1T prices now (they will never be as high again), and the optional colors and features aren't getting that much more money that silver trucks with black interior. So the resale argument won't hold water.
Actually it will be highly sought after by the same crowd that looks for Land Rover with the rear locker/off-road package and/or Land Cruiser with rear locking diffs.
Sponsored

Rugbym8t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram TRX
Actually it will be highly sought after by the same crowd that looks for Land Rover with the rear locker/off-road package
Oh I don't disagree that there will be a market for it at all. Especially now since it's bundled into the off-road package, it's kinda freebie. But I think we are a far while away from these being sought after for off road or overland builds.

I am curious to see how the resale shakes out for Rivian long term. I hope they treat the brand value better than Tesla.