Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I know that camp kitchens have not being delivered yet, but wanted to start a thread for members to share their favorite camping recipes since kitchens will be delivered s00n. Feel free to share your favorite packaged meals too. Let’s get some good recipes. Maybe Rivian can release a camp kitchen cookbook in the future with recipes from owners.

I will start. I make this chili at home, but I plan to make this in the future while getting my adventure on! Super easy and healthy as well.

Black bean chili ingredients
two cans of black beans
large can of crushed tomatoes
minced garlic
chopped onions
chopped poblanos
frozen corn
small can of chipotle peppers(chopped)
chili powder
oregano
cayenne pepper
paprika
olive oil
salt and pepper

Put olive oil in a pot and throw in the the onions and garlic. Once the onions are translucent throw in poblanos. Once poblanos are cooked throw everything else in the pot. Cook for 30 minutes.
Sponsored

clover00

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Computer engineer
I've always loved to cook over a fire! I had been using a grill out of a John Deere skid steer and some concrete blocks for my pit. I decided as much as we use it we should make a nice area and pit to cook and sit around. We spent the entire weekend cooking on it and had a great time! This was a breakfast Bacon, eggs, hash browns and one of my all time favorites dutch oven biscuits.
Not really Q related but kinda! I was just curious how many people have built an outdoor fire ring similar to the one pictured below, using retaining wall stones from WalMart or the like? Just curious as to other peoples experience with this type of pit and whether or not I should err on the side of caution and get a liner or cheat death and go commando!

Rivian R1T R1S Share Your Favorite Camping Recipes wc1-

Last edited:

Phil0110

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
Designer
Ingredients: 24 chipolata sausages
For the smoky tomato sauce 100g low-sugar ketchup 100g passata 100ml cider vinegar 100g light brown soft sugar 1 garlic clove , crushed 1 tsp chipotle paste 2 tbsp butter
You will need 8 wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden, soak in water for at least 15 mins first)

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
One of these bad boys smores, parm sandwiches etc.

1657511522215.png
This is awesome. Grilled cheese, quesadillas, paninis….great camping cooking tool recommendation!
Sponsored