COCORIVIAN

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hi!

Curious to know if anyone has any tips when camping out in the R1S? We tried to camp in it these past 2 weekends but it seems like there's some work that needs to be done.

Example #1 - After a certain amount of time camping in the back (camp mode turned on) the Rivian shuts off and any movement within sets off the alarm.

Example #2 - When all power turns off, the only way to turn it back on is by opening the driver side door, which illuminates the front lights and car lights and disturbs everyone camping around you (especially the camp site in front!). Anyway to turn the inside power on from the app (or any other way) without setting off the alarm and lights?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I haven't had that happen. I enable camp mode and have my power set to always since I run a fridge though. I know others that don't run the power though so I am not sure if that is the difference.

OP
OP

COCORIVIAN

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
That's a great suggestion, I'm going to turn power on to "always" and see if that makes a difference - thank you @Brewbud

centexR1S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Tundra, CR-5
Occupation
Retired
Hi!

Curious to know if anyone has any tips when camping out in the R1S? We tried to camp in it these past 2 weekends but it seems like there's some work that needs to be done.

Example #1 - After a certain amount of time camping in the back (camp mode turned on) the Rivian shuts off and any movement within sets off the alarm.

Example #2 - When all power turns off, the only way to turn it back on is by opening the driver side door, which illuminates the front lights and car lights and disturbs everyone camping around you (especially the camp site in front!). Anyway to turn the inside power on from the app (or any other way) without setting off the alarm and lights?

Thanks!
I have camped 7 nights in my R1S and have had each occurrence happen once. So 5 peaceful nights (for me and my neighbors) and 2 nights of crazy sleep interruptions. You are all correct it relates to the power settings I have fiddled with them. I Was in camp courtesy mode both times but flashing lights or horns kept me from taking the time to determine what power setting I was on. Screen darkening settings movement and door openings could all factor in as well.

I have no doubt this forum can collectively come up with a check list of settings to prevent this.

OP
OP

COCORIVIAN

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have camped 7 nights in my R1S and have had each occurrence happen once. So 5 peaceful nights (for me and my neighbors) and 2 nights of crazy sleep interruptions. You are all correct it relates to the power settings I have fiddled with them. I Was in camp courtesy mode both times but flashing lights or horns kept me from taking the time to determine what power setting I was on. Screen darkening settings movement and door openings could all factor in as well.

I have no doubt this forum can collectively come up with a check list of settings to prevent this.
Good to know I wasn’t the only one!
A checklist would be ideal. Thanks!

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Good to know I wasn’t the only one!
A checklist would be ideal. Thanks!
Recommend reading the camp mode section in the guide to see all the options. I always use camp courtesy and turn screens off in addition to leveling and power options. Have a T and haven’t slept inside. try pet mode to stop alarms. Learned that quickly with dogs
Sponsored