Sponsored

Share any address from Google Maps / Apple Maps ?

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

In the latest update we got address sharing which I was eager to try.

Share any address fromGoogle Maps™ or Apple® Maps: Search for an address. Choose Share for the address you want, and then choose the Rivian mobile app from the list of options to share.

Seems straightforward so I gave it a shot from the Google maps app on my IPhone. I chose share and then the Rivian app. It seemed happy but…I can’t find the shared address anywhere in the Nav system. Was expecting a pop up or something. Where does the address that you share go? I’m sure the answer will be embarrassingly easy but I’m done hunting. Just got the R1S 3 days ago so focusing on learning more important aspects of operation right now. Thanks in advance for help!
Sponsored

TheNightman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T
I just used this for the first time yesterday. I shared from Google Maps and when the Rivian received the address it automagically opened the maps tab and showed the route to the address I shared. I just had to press "Start" on the truck to begin the nav

OP
OP

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

I just used this for the first time yesterday. I shared from Google Maps and when the Rivian received the address it automagically opened the maps tab and showed the route to the address I shared. I just had to press "Start" on the truck to begin the nav
Thanks for the reply! I was expecting something like that. Going to try a software reset and give it another shot I guess.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
If it doesn't pop up on the main screen check the recent list when you go to enter a new location as it should be there.
Sponsored