Sponsored

Service Suspension System Soon

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T | El Cap Grey | 20" AT
Got a suspension issue warning while driving in moderate highway traffic at about 50-60 MPH. Still feels like it's driving fine so I am hoping it's a sensor issue of some sort. 🤞 A little sad that I have an issue after 2 days with the vehicle but Rivian service is already on it.

Has anybody else run into the same suspension warning and if so, what was the outcome?

Rivian R1T R1S Service Suspension System Soon PXL_20220912_224511810
Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Got a suspension issue warning while driving in moderate highway traffic at about 50-60 MPH. Still feels like it's driving fine so I am hoping it's a sensor issue of some sort. 🤞 A little sad that I have an issue after 2 days with the vehicle but Rivian service is already on it.

Has anybody else run into the same suspension warning and if so, what was the outcome?

PXL_20220912_224511810.jpg
I had the same system warning pop up last week. It only stayed on for 20 minutes. The suspension seems to be operating fine (raising and lowering).

I reported the error via the Rivian app. Rivian customer service contacted me that night. Told me to perform a hard reset. And if the error doesn't come back on then it might just be a software glitch. I did just install the newest update the night before. They said they will review my vehicle logs and see if it was a hardware issue.

5 days later (like an hour ago) I received a call to schedule my vehicle for service. Unfortunately, they can't see my vehicle until the end of the month. So far, the error hasn't come back on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm taking my Rivian on a 600 mile trip next week so I hope I don't encounter an issue.

OP
OP

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the same system warning pop up last week. It only stayed on for 20 minutes. The suspension seems to be operating fine (raising and lowering).

I reported the error via the Rivian app. Rivian customer service contacted me that night. Told me to perform a hard reset. And if the error doesn't come back on then it might just be a software glitch. I did just install the newest update the night before. They said they will review my vehicle logs and see if it was a hardware issue.

5 days later (like an hour ago) I received a call to schedule my vehicle for service. Unfortunately, they can't see my vehicle until the end of the month. So far, the error hasn't come back on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm taking my Rivian on a 600 mile trip next week so I hope I don't encounter an issue.
I also did the hard reset in a parking lot, but it came back as soon as I started driving again. Maybe I will take it out again to ight after it has had a chance to cool down for a bit to see if it comes back immediately or takes some time. Will be interesting to see the outcome. Thanks for providing your experience!

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I also did the hard reset in a parking lot, but it came back as soon as I started driving again. Maybe I will take it out again to ight after it has had a chance to cool down for a bit to see if it comes back immediately or takes some time. Will be interesting to see the outcome. Thanks for providing your experience!
You might want to try and hard reset and then a sleep cycle. Which is when you don't disturb the vehicle for an hour I believe. Don't quote me on that don't know the exact timing. But that is something the service center has suggested to me before.

buckySB

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiat 500e, Honda Ridgeline
I got the same error for about 10 seconds and then it went away and hasn’t returned. It was the day after the most recent OTA update. I was playing with the camp mode leveling feature in my driveway right before the error and it was a really hot day ~100 deg. Not sure if any of that matters. Also not sure if it is related but I’m now getting an alignment error when I try to use Driver+. It says the wheels are out of alignment and to service. The car is steering normally as far as I can tell. I put in a ticket for the alignment warning but not the service suspension warning since it only lasted a few seconds. I might try a hard reset and see if that breaks or fixes anything.

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Had the same thing happen to me. I got it serviced and it was just a sensor that had popped loose. They picked up the car at 8:00AM and flatbedded it to the SC and it was back to me by mid afternoon the same day.

OP
OP

BigginsCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Went to the service center this morning, they did a hard SW reset and the warning went away initially but then returned. They did an inspection and found that a sensor connector at the "comfort valve at tone of the suspension dampers" wasn't fully seated and locked so it was getting an intermittent connection error. They seated the connecter fully and the warning disappeared. All other suspension components looked normal. Luckily an easy and quick fix!

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Had the same thing happen to me. I got it serviced and it was just a sensor that had popped loose. They picked up the car at 8:00AM and flatbedded it to the SC and it was back to me by mid afternoon the same day.
Went to the service center this morning, they did a hard SW reset and the warning went away initially but then returned. They did an inspection and found that a sensor connector at the "comfort valve at tone of the suspension dampers" wasn't fully seated and locked so it was getting an intermittent connection error. They seated the connecter fully and the warning disappeared. All other suspension components looked normal. Luckily an easy and quick fix!
I think this is the problem with mine, loose sensor connector. Do y'all have pics of where this sensor is?
Sponsored