Sentry mode surveillance system

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
After reading the article about Tesla and electric vehicle haters and keying cars; what do you guys think about the Sentry mode system they have in place and if it would benefit being implemented into Rivian vehicles too?
I could see it as a nice feature to have when off-roading to be able to record some cool footage of rock crawling, or helping with tighter trails; but the obvious mall parking lot footage will be nice too.
Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

After reading the article about Tesla and electric vehicle haters and keying cars; what do you guys think about the Sentry mode system they have in place and if it would benefit being implemented into Rivian vehicles too?
I could see it as a nice feature to have when off-roading to be able to record some cool footage of rock crawling, or helping with tighter trails; but the obvious mall parking lot footage will be nice too.
I think that's a great idea. I hope Rivian is watching... this forum.

SDA01

First Name
Sustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, Tesla Model S
Occupation
Healthcare Executive Director
I think Sentry type of system is a must have. I own a Tesla Model S and love the feature and it makes me feel safe. If you are camping in a remote area in the vehicle, that added layer of safety is assuring.

Sponsored

Coconutorra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Honestly, any car should have such feature and should be mandatory on any vehicle

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
No mention of security features as of yet. I guess once again, we’ll wait until Monday to see if those details will be revealed.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
No mention of security features as of yet. I guess once again, we’ll wait until Monday to see if those details will be revealed.
It did say that there is a camera in the bed that can monitor your cargo and is linked to the security system and the Gear Guard.
Sponsored