Seat covers for R1S front and middle seats

kbradley926

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Hi! I had TAPTES seat covers for my Model y, and they were a perfect fit, could not even tell they were seat covers, covered all parts of the seat, durable, and not super pricey. Any recommendations on something like this for my new R1S, I am getting white seats again and have three big pups.
Rivian R1T R1S Seat covers for R1S front and middle seats Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 9.51.40 AM
Sponsored

OP
OP

kbradley926

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
I will, but I would also like the covers. The ones I have for the model y are perfect.

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EVs since 2014 | R1S | R2 RSVP
Occupation
Engineer || Investment Manger
Clubs

Hi! I had TAPTES seat covers for my Model y, and they were a perfect fit, could not even tell they were seat covers, covered all parts of the seat, durable, and not super pricey. Any recommendations on something like this for my new R1S, I am getting white seats again and have three big pups.
Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 9.51.40 AM.png
A part of me aches in pain at the thought of covering up the amazing looking seats in the Rivian, but I understand the reasons why one might want seat covers.

I think you're only options right now are universal seat covers, but they are really-really ugly and will do grave injustice to the Rivian seats. The stock seats are made with ruggedness in mind down to the choice of the material used. They're meant to get used by humans.

For those with animals I understand, there are plenty of universal covers for SUVs out there that would work.

Rivian front seats are also ventilated so any aftermarket option would also have to be perforated. Just something to keep in mind.

I actually have the Nappa color variant of the Taptes in my Tesla and they look amazing, way better than the stock marshmallow seats. When we hit the slopes during the winter, we just use a throw over water proof car seat cover like this one to keep the water at bay from the melted residual snow.

Rivian R1T R1S Seat covers for R1S front and middle seats Universal Seat Covers.PNG

If a third party does make a Rivian specific seat cover, gosh I just hope they do a good job at it to retain the looks of the stock seats.

OP
OP

kbradley926

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Wow, ok! This is all very insightful. Yes, the plan would be to lower the seats with the dogs. I must say the seats sound like much more higher quality than that of my tesla's. I would never cover up the beautiful seats unless something was specifically made and looked just like what I had. Taptes did an excellent job on the Tesla ones.

Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

You’ll lose out on cooled seats - for me that’d be a deal breaker.

OP
OP

kbradley926

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
You’ll lose out on cooled seats - for me that’d be a deal breaker.
Thanks! Didn’t consider that. No cooling seats in my Y, and have never had them in previous cars before. :)

usulio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Note the R1S has airbags on the outside of the two front seats.

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

Note the R1S has airbags on the outside of the two front seats.
Good point. I have been looking for aftermarket side bolsters for the driver’s seat but do not want to interfere with the left airbag.