SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I can confirm that I have a service appointment that has been moved from Plymouth to Madison Heights for May 4. Hopefully this is good news and can reduce the wait times for service in Michigan. Three to four months was crazy.
They also offered me a 5/8th date but said if I waited a little longer it would definitely be Madison Heights so looks like the swap is only a week or two away! Yeay!
Sponsored

SonOfAnakin

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep Wrangler, Energica Ribelle RS
Occupation
IT Program Manager
Ann Arbor here. I am also usually at the cars and coffee at zingermanns roadhouse.

Eli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I went by the SC yesterday and they had about 50 R1 trucks lined up against the building. I selected one from the shop yesterday. I expect to get my R1S in a couple of weeks.

BTW, anyone know of a good reputable PPF place?

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
RAN in Traverse City getting dispenser installation today - hopefully will be operational by Memorial Day!

The electricians told me there is a problem at the Saginaw site that will require more work, so that is still probably 2-3 weeks away from being online.

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sponsored

NoICE

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, formerly Tesla 3, Tacoma Off-Road
Clubs

The Michigan service team is way understaffed with just two technicians. My service appointment for a driver's window that got out of it's "groove" was pushed back, and then they told me to drop it off but that it may be a week before anyone touched it. I chose to hang on to the truck and now they are going to try a mobile visit in early July. Other fixes needed (not safety related) are pushed back to the end of August.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Dropped my Truck off 14 days ago for an appointment for failure to fast charge. Haven't heard a peep from them and the truck hasn't moved. Got a request in for an update.
Unfortunately there's no good way to contact them. Last visit (when they had just opened) it was supposed to be monday-friday so I called Thursday and requested a call back.
Also Friday AM
And Friday afternoon
And Monday
And Tuesday

I felt like a complete nag but I had an Enterprise rental and couldn't get in touch at all for an update for 6 days for a 5 day schedule. Ended up being two weeks which would have been fine if they had called me back after the first or second call. Especially when main service would say "oh did they not call you?"

Super apologetic and owned the issue when we did make contact. I get there are growing pains but it's crazy how hard it is to reach service. How about an email address?

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
Does the Michigan service center give out loaners?

I just brought my Tesla in for it's first service visit (first time even after owning Teslas for nearly 8 years). They basically only deal through the app (or email). But they were pretty quick to respond. It was kind of weird to basically not be able to call, but it might speed them up.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Does the Michigan service center give out loaners?

I just brought my Tesla in for it's first service visit (first time even after owning Teslas for nearly 8 years). They basically only deal through the app (or email). But they were pretty quick to respond. It was kind of weird to basically not be able to call, but it might speed them up.
Yes they offer both loaners and rentals via an Enterprise in the area.
First time they had my rental at the SC, this time they gave me a lift over there but said that wouldn't be necessary in the future. Dropped off at SC.

After my extra week they said "you have a loaner right?" Sadly I had a rental without a hitch or I wouldn't have minded the extra weekend without a hitch.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
RAN in Traverse City getting dispenser installation today - hopefully will be operational by Memorial Day!

The electricians told me there is a problem at the Saginaw site that will require more work, so that is still probably 2-3 weeks away from being online.
Traverse City RAN is operational.
Sponsored