Sponsored

Scheduled home charging not following the schedule?

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
I've always had the vehicle scheduled to begin home charging at 12 am, but recently it's started to charge at 10 or 11 pm despite the schedule. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? (Our utility is time-of-use, and our off peak window starts at 12 am, so this glitch in scheduled charging is costing me more per kWh.)
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I don't use the scheduled charging in my truck, but typically in other vehicles this was because the GPS didn't think the vehicle was "at home" anymore.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I have not noticed any problem with scheduled charging. My window is 8pm to 6am, not that it should make any difference. Wouldn't hurt to try moving the start time off the midnight hour (maybe to 1 am), could be some weird software bug. But, as suggested, seems more likely the vehicle is confused about what time it is for whatever reason.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This happened to me for a time, but is back to working properly. I turned off scheduled charging at home and did the schedule from my charger app. After the recent updates, however, it's back to working fine.
Sponsored