Sandy Munro and Mach-E

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I found this short video of Sandy Munro looking mostly at the rear suspension of the Mach-E interesting. Mostly I found myself thinking how exposed all that structure, especially the battery, is to any old FOD lying on the road and thrown up by a wheel passing over it. It makes me appreciate the robust protection that I think the under armor of the Rivians will offer.

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E: E4 - Hoist Review | Rear Suspension - YouTube
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I found this short video of Sandy Munro looking mostly at the rear suspension of the Mach-E interesting. Mostly I found myself thinking how exposed all that structure, especially the battery, is to any old FOD lying on the road and thrown up by a wheel passing over it. It makes me appreciate the robust protection that I think the under armor of the Rivians will offer.

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E: E4 - Hoist Review | Rear Suspension - YouTube
Curious, do you work at an airport?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

looks like there is a panel pulled in the video to show the parts you can see where the panel would attach to other pieces. not saying that panel wouldn't be just the standard crappy ford cardboard with carpet felt.

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Sandy has said he wants to or will do a tear down of both a R1T and Cybertruck. Can’t wait for both. I’m especially interested to see the R1T’s motors, battery pack, & HVAC.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Sandy is a National Treasure. I love catching his videos and occasional interviews around the internet and print. No better way to learn about a vehicle than to have an Automotive Surgeon test it and dissect it.
Sponsored