Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Occupation
Fake Science Lead
Clubs

I called a local tire shop to install my new wheel and tire combo, but they wouldn't touch a Rivian. I explained I had the magnetic pucks to lift it safely, and they refused. I then asked if they could just use a floor jack with the pucks one wheel at a time, and they still refused. My EV Sportline bottle nose jack just showed up, and I'm installing them myself today. My concern is when I need to rotate, there is no option except to lift with the puck and remove the molding for the jack stands. Such a pain in the ass.
Did you try Firestone?
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I called a local tire shop to install my new wheel and tire combo, but they wouldn't touch a Rivian. I explained I had the magnetic pucks to lift it safely, and they refused. I then asked if they could just use a floor jack with the pucks one wheel at a time, and they still refused. My EV Sportline bottle nose jack just showed up, and I'm installing them myself today. My concern is when I need to rotate, there is no option except to lift with the puck and remove the molding for the jack stands. Such a pain in the ass.
Yeah, unless you have a spare, you need at least 2 jacks and even then, you need to lift a side three times if you want a proper rearward cross. The integrated bottle jack/jack stand method is a god choice for lifting and holding but I don't use this method anymore. Since I have a spare, I now use a single rolling floor jack, one tire dolly jack and one jack puck.

JackRussellRacing

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
I have a 2-post lift at home, easily rated for the truck. Having done a tire rotation on my R1T before, there is zero chance I'd do it without proper pucks. No puck? No lift. They work, they're (basically) cheap, and they take all the drama out of the process.