Sponsored

Roll Call for the App - Android versus iOS

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I got my brother's hand-me-down TI-81 when my he went to college and needed to get a TI-85. Then I later had to get an HP-48g as I got further into college myself. RPN was a royal PITA to get used to after years of using the TI-81. I do not have the TI anymore, but I do still have the HP. Anybody want one? It's for sale. Still in good condition, as far as I can tell.
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I had the game programmed into my graphing calculator in high school. I must have really looked engrossed in doing my "math calculations".
The game I played on mine was smack the kid in front of you in the head with your sliderule. Kids these days…. ?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm young enough it never made much sense to me from a user interface standpoint. At this point, if a calculator doesn't have pretty prin,t or whatever TI calls typing equations in as they are written, I might as well do it by hand.

Math is also my least favorite subject.
Oh I never said it made sense ???
my motto is pretty much “I was told there would be no math”, so….

If you had said HP-16C, then I could agree with you.

As far as graphing calculators, however, TI has that whole market on lock. I still use my Ti-89 daily.
16C is wrong discipline for me. ?

I got my brother's hand-me-down TI-81 when my he went to college and needed to get a TI-85. Then I later had to get an HP-48g as I got further into college myself. RPN was a royal PITA to get used to after years of using the TI-81. I do not have the TI anymore, but I do still have the HP. Anybody want one? It's for sale. Still in good condition, as far as I can tell.
civil courses I took in college required the 48G. I have had offers to buy it from engineers, but it’s such a great paperweight.

I still have my Ti-83 from highschool. I wonder if the games are still on it…

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
There's a third, and better option, imo:

Use something like Xamarin to implement your client-side business logic, which is shared between all platforms, but build native UI to sit on top of that.

This way you could have four development teams:

1. Android Ui
2. iOS Ui
3. Cross-platform client
4. Cloud services
Agreed. But at this point, Xamarin is "old news": .net Maui, is a much more complete integration of platforms and technologies. Or will soon be.....
Sponsored