2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I got it too.

I wonder if they'll honor previous pricing on any configuration changes we might want to make prior to delivery? For example, if I add crossbars, do I pay the old $450 or the new $500? If I change from white to one of the colors previously free with LE, is it still free?
It doesn’t sound like it to me per the email from Tony. It sounds to me like they, “will honor the prices you were given for the options you previously chose.”

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It doesn’t sound like it to me per the email from Tony. It sounds to me like they, “will honor the prices you were given for the options you previously chose.”
I do wonder what happens with options that are both the same price…

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
I spoke with Rivian via chat on Thursday. I was assured my order and slot and price would be reinstated. I still have not gotten email from Rivian. Should I reach out again? I have my order number.

Sponsored

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Rivian was very quick to update my online Rivian account page to the higher price but has yet to return it to my pre order pricing, anyone else?
They keep saying it going to reset...yet to see it.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
They keep saying it going to reset...yet to see it.
Good lord. They have told us it will take time. This is technically complex. You can be sure that when the CEO says you're getting the old price that you're going to get it in the end, at least for your 2/28/22 configuration.

The increase was sudden to us, but long in the works for Rivian. It took planning and testing and programming. They clearly didn't plan to immediately walk it back, and it's not as simple as selecting "undo" from their edit menu. It'll take planning and programming and testing as well, and even then might not be 100%.

So you should appropriately adjust your expectations. You're not paying this week or this month, so there's really no need to worry.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
Good lord. They have told us it will take time. This is technically complex. You can be sure that when the CEO says you're getting the old price that you're going to get it in the end, at least for your 2/28/22 configuration.

The increase was sudden to us, but long in the works for Rivian. It took planning and testing and programming. They clearly didn't plan to immediately walk it back, and it's not as simple as selecting "undo" from their edit menu. It'll take planning and programming and testing as well, and even then might not be 100%.

So you should appropriately adjust your expectations. You're not paying this week or this month, so there's really no need to worry.
Obviously when folks get their delivery date and the final invoice I'm sure the pricing will be carefully checked to make sure it is as originally ordered, if not most including me will cancel.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self

Not sure my response was indicative of panic or worry. But agree with you, will take a bit. The reality is that resetting the price to the previously quoted option doesn't really take that much time and shouldn't take any more time than did changing the price.

Sponsored

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Obviously when folks get their delivery date and the final invoice I'm sure the pricing will be carefully checked to make sure it is as originally ordered, if not most including me will cancel.
Never really printed out my pre-March 1st confirmation. But the information is out there with regards to what the prices were.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
I actually had a feeling that there might be pricing issues down the road so I did print out my original confirmation. I originally ordered the ocean coast interior which was included in the LE package at N/C. Under new pricing it was an extra $2,000 so I cancelled and went to black but reinstated the ocean coast after R.J. backtracked on the price increase, we'll see?

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
Yes I was a complainer about the price hikes, but I think all the backlash resonated with RJ and Rivian. Therefore, I will reinstate my R1S order that I cancelled. Ordered the Model Y yesterday but probably keep that too now.
I bought a Model Y last December after projecting i am not getting a Rivian early in 2022. I am intending on trading that for a Rivian (maybe) whenever i get my R1T preorder currently 2nd half of 2023 per Rivian’s timeline (which seems to be even later at the rate things are going.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Good lord. They have told us it will take time. This is technically complex.
I agree. We don't know anything about the backend, but when they set it up, they certainly didn't anticipate rolling back configuration prices, reinstating cancelled configurations, etc. They certainly can't go to a database backup from Feb 28 and just restore it! There's likely a ton of work to get this "simple" rollback accomplished. Everybody needs to take a chill pill.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Probably went completely white in the last week.
RJ's 1.7% stake in Rivian buys a lot Grecian Formula hair dye?
Sponsored

Reactions: FHM