Sponsored

RJ Hint's there may be a demand problem.....

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
They've currently got 36 new service stations "in the works", although at least of few of those will expand capacity in markets that already have something (e.g. 2 more in the Seattle area and 7 more in NY, NJ, CT). No idea how long that will take to build all of those, and they'll still have some big gaps, especially in the Southeast and upper plains and Rockies.
The gaps are not a problem from the view of profitability. Rivian needs to be able to adequately service what they sell in areas where a significant number of sales are possible.

Porsche has about 200 dealers in the U.S.and likely has no intention of ever covering all areas.
Sponsored

Big Bad VooDoo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
One thing I would say about demand is I would rather be in Rivian's position with a pair of new and exciting models and a van all in largely untapped segments with a backlog of orders than a Tesla with a set of 4 models that have basically been the same cars they have been selling for 10 years. Not to mention a shrinking market share in some of it's largest markets.
I basically said the same thing in a rant on another thread. Thumbs up to you.