Sponsored

Rivians starting to be everywhere now along Emerald Coast 30a area.

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

I will be adding my own R1S Limestone w/OC interior this Jan 20. But today driving along 98 and 30a from Inlet Beach to Seaside I counted 5 Rivians. This is pretty incredible considering this is not tourist season and the number of full-time residents here is not that high compared to other areas of Florida. This goes to show that this area is a hotbed of Rivian activity and this area really needs a Service Center closer than Atlanta or Orlando. There used to be a pin dropped on the Pensacola area on an early Rivian SC Map but that was removed not long after the IPO. Rivian really needs a Service Center down here.
Sponsored

Riv_Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
The area also needs some DCFC options. We love to vacation in the area (previously either in an ICE vehicle or flying and renting a car) and were looking at rental options (condos and homes) and it’s very difficult to find something oceanfront, that allows pets, and has L2 charging. I’d be okay forgoing charging at the rental, but the closest DCFC option is PCB, so that would be a 1.5+ hour time investment once a week or so.

Billybobgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Appears to be 20 to 30 vehicles in Pensacola Florida area. Based off seeing one with a new color or t vs a every week or so. Not an exact science but a service center in the Gulf Coast area would eventually be great.

Mickey

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
I will be adding my own R1S Limestone w/OC interior this Jan 20. But today driving along 98 and 30a from Inlet Beach to Seaside I counted 5 Rivians. This is pretty incredible considering this is not tourist season and the number of full-time residents here is not that high compared to other areas of Florida. This goes to show that this area is a hotbed of Rivian activity and this area really needs a Service Center closer than Atlanta or Orlando. There used to be a pin dropped on the Pensacola area on an early Rivian SC Map but that was removed not long after the IPO. Rivian really needs a Service Center down here.
Add Birmingham, AL to that SC wish list. There are probably 40+ Rivians in this Central AL region.

As a vacationer, I have made my first (and LAST trip for a while) in my R1T to the Destin, FL area. I thought maybe all of the charging app's info "must be outdated" and "surely there would be public charging stations in the very popular Destin, FL beach area." WRONG!

OP
OP

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

Destin is scheduled for a Supercharger this year. There is a new Supercharger in Gulf Breeze that opened up last year. Rivian’s access to Superchargers can’t come fast enough .
Sponsored