kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Any luck finding the Rockville location? Their permit search isnt the greatest and may be that way intentionally.

Correct, both Herndon and Moco seem to not have a easy portal to do so and besides manually going down to the courthouse I don't think we can find out a exact location.
Sponsored

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Correct, both Herndon and Moco seem to not have a easy portal to do so and besides manually going down to the courthouse I don't think we can find out a exact location.
Where is the Herndon location? And does that mean that this area will be prioritized for delivery because they have service infrastructure already in place?

Leptoquark

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 Nissan Leaf, '17 Chevy Bolt, '11 Think City
Occupation
Retired
Did anything happen with Rivian buying this building near DOT? I was there today and saw it live: still looking for a buyer. Did Rivian go somewhere else in the Washington DC area?

Attachments

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Nobody knows. I pass it on foot weekly at least and have never seen any movememt there. My money is on some unlabeled warehouse in the industrial and data center parks in herndon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Nobody knows. I pass it on foot weekly at least and have never seen any movememt there. My money is on some unlabeled warehouse in the industrial and data center parks in her son.

I think the washinton DC location is exactly this for now.

Sponsored

JCB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jaguar I Pace
Occupation
IT Consultant
Here is what it looked like in 2014.
1624616375145.png

1624616462615.png

This is definitely it; same kiosk, same doors and windows. And it would make sense. DOT has a vehicle History trail right next to it - imagine a Rivian shop right next to that...

They should instead put a brewery in that space.

I bet you they put a shop in Tysons.
Here is what it looked like in 2014.
1624616375145.png

1624616462615.png

This is definitely it; same kiosk, same doors and windows. And it would make sense. DOT has a vehicle History trail right next to it - imagine a Rivian shop right next to that...

They should instead put a brewery in that space.

I bet you they put a shop in Tysons.
This would be a cool location! I live in SE on the water. Great selection of restaurants and bars. Already a brewery: Blue Jacket and a winery: District Winery just blocks away. Enough space for outdoor staging and plenty of room for service in building. There is nothing cagey about this location. There are more police per square block than anywhere other than the Capital. Nationals stadium and DC United Audi field less than 1/2 mile. Metro stop two blocks away. Recommend you visit before disparaging.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Did anything happen with Rivian buying this building near DOT? I was there today and saw it live: still looking for a buyer. Did Rivian go somewhere else in the Washington DC area?
I thought we had decided it was going to be somewhere out in Herndon.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
Well a trip into the Disric is not the kind of "adventure" I had in mind when I reserved the R1T.

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
This would be a cool location! I live in SE on the water. Great selection of restaurants and bars. Already a brewery: Blue Jacket and a winery: District Winery just blocks away. Enough space for outdoor staging and plenty of room for service in building. There is nothing cagey about this location. There are more police per square block than anywhere other than the Capital. Nationals stadium and DC United Audi field less than 1/2 mile. Metro stop two blocks away. Recommend you visit before disparaging.
I don't think anyone was disparaging. I think the consensus is that the location in question is probably too expensive for anything other than a showroom, and so far their business model is service center / showroom. And now we know that they're going to have a fleet of service vans, so it's likely they are going to post up in an industrial park in the burbs as a hub. Plus we've been staking out that building for months and nothing has happened. Lucid just advertised that they're opening a service center in Tyson's Galleria... That's a good idea as it's a very Central location for the WMA. Rivian should follow suit, just open it next to the REI.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Although tesla was using the lot across from rei for test drive staging for a few weeks a couple of years ago for the Tesla store in the mall so maybe rivian would have a store in the mall with lucid and Tesla and run the same type of thing.

JCB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jaguar I Pace
Occupation
IT Consultant
I don't think anyone was disparaging. I think the consensus is that the location in question is probably too expensive for anything other than a showroom, and so far their business model is service center / showroom. And now we know that they're going to have a fleet of service vans, so it's likely they are going to post up in an industrial park in the burbs as a hub. Plus we've been staking out that building for months and nothing has happened. Lucid just advertised that they're opening a service center in Tyson's Galleria... That's a good idea as it's a very Central location for the WMA. Rivian should follow suit, just open it next to the REI.
I agree it is best suited for a showroom. Makes total sense to have a warehouse as a hub. I’m all for being close to REI! I’m hoping not to need to ever visit a service center!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
The plan is to never go to a service center!
Yes that is the plan but you are buying a low serial number super high tech product. Be realistic. In 3 years with Tesla I’ve been to 5 service centers in 2 countries and had rangers out twice.
Sponsored