Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I received a reply late this morning to my Email asking about a binding agreement. Nothing new, just confirming that they are working on it and will have more information s 0 0 n.

"Thanks for asking about the transition period for the EV tax credit. Rivian is working to help interested preorder holders and customers obtain a written, binding contract to purchase and secure EV tax credit eligibility before new restrictions take effect. We'll be sharing more information and the next steps very shortly."
Ooohhhh, very shortly!?
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

With the Lightning price increase I am leaning harder than ever toward converting my R1S reservation to R1T. Now with an imminent date looming for needing a “contract” to keep the EV credit, I think I may have to pull the trigger in the next 48 hours on that change. I doubt I could change that contract later, it wouldn’t be much of a contract then!
Just be ready

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Plenty of time... 😉
With the way his presidency has gone and approval ratings the way they are, the second that thing hit my desk I would sign it, smile for the camera, thumb print, nasal swab, DNA test, whatever the hell else needs to be done to get this thing moving. I don't, and Rivian should not anticipate a whole lot of time between the house and signature. However, Rivian has lobbyists so they likely have a better view on this then I do.

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
The bill will be signed by Monday. I am still hoping my PBA is enough because I don't know if Rivian will come through fast enough with a bunch of purchase orders.

PROVE ME WRONG RIVIAN TEAM!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

With the way his presidency has gone and approval ratings the way they are, the second that thing hit my desk I would sign it, smile for the camera, thumb print, nasal swab, DNA test, whatever the hell else needs to be done to get this thing moving. I don't, and Rivian should not anticipate a whole lot of time between the house and signature. However, Rivian has lobbyists so they likely have a better view on this then I do.
RJ is working the room...nothing to worry about people.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
RJ is working the room...nothing to worry about people.
I saw the photos on RJ's twitter of him at the capitol. Maybe I'm just assuming Rivian has lobbyists when the only lobbyist they need is RJ?
RJ PLEASE SAVE US

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to offer Binding Purchase Agreements (to help obtain EV tax credit) Meme

Forgive my terrible photoshop skills

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

If you change- will they still honor the old pricing upon the switch?
Yes. Any pre-increase reservations have access to the OG configurator and can make changes.

Sponsored

tonys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIS
Occupation
IT
Lucid just issued this.. I realize it’s not the Rivian buyers agreement, however adding for awareness on how Lucid worded the comms

This past weekend, the Senate passed the Inflation Reduction Act, which eliminates the $7,500 tax credit for sedans with an MSRP over $55,000. This means that if the bill is enacted, Lucid Air will no longer qualify for this tax credit. The House is expected to vote on the bill this Friday, August 12.

Many of you have asked what we can do to help you maintain your eligibility for this tax credit.*

The current text of the bill includes a “transition rule,” which may maintain eligibility for Lucid customers who enter into a contract to purchase their Lucid Air before the bill is signed. We’ve decided to help reservation holders take advantage of the transition rule by opening a window to place an order for their Lucid Air. This window is now open, and will remain so until 12 a.m. the morning the bill is passed, which could be as soon as this Friday.

To be completely clear, you don’t have to place an order now and your reservation will remain in place — we’re doing this to help those who want to do everything possible to maintain eligibility for the federal tax credit. If you don’t wish to place an order now, you’ll still have the opportunity to do so closer to your vehicle’s production date. Please note that placing an order now will not alter the expected delivery timelines for Touring and Pure.

However, if you decide to place an order now, please understand you’ll be entering into a contract, and your deposit will become non-refundable.

To place your order, log into your Lucid account, go to your “Designs and Orders” tab, identify the relevant reservation and click the “Order” button. A pop-up window will appear where you can again click “Confirm this order” to complete the process.

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
Lucid just sent this out:

Attachments

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
Here's how they do it at Lucid (see terms and conditions of the order attached):
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to offer Binding Purchase Agreements (to help obtain EV tax credit) Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 2.28.35 PM

Attachments

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Here's how they do it at Lucid (see terms and conditions of the order attached):
I got the email from Lucid as well. Rivian's should be out sooon.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I saw the photos on RJ's twitter of him at the capitol. Maybe I'm just assuming Rivian has lobbyists when the only lobbyist they need is RJ?
RJ PLEASE SAVE US

Meme.jpg

Forgive my terrible photoshop skills
No lobbyists needed....it's a one man operation
Sponsored