Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

I just replaced the front tires on my R1T, after 9,000 miles. I do not drive on the Eco setting, front wheel drive, as I did read about that issue. My tire guy said he has replaced a few R1Ts and 9,000 miles is about average. Tires are always aligned and balanced when installed.
Does anybody have the same issue with their tires? Does anybody have better results?
I use the recommended Pirelli Scorpion 275/55/R21 which is suppose to be rated as a 60K mile tire.
I’m going to be rotating my tires every 5000 miles in my R1S based on posts here. When looking at the Info Screen I can easily see that in All-Purpose Mode the front tires are still seeing more aggressive acc and recharge forces than the rear. This is especially noticeable at low speed.

driving a Jeep I am used to SUV tire wear however. My 35in off-road tires on my mall-crawler 2.5in lift have severely cupped within 10k miles. These SUVs and Jeeps just simply wear out tires much faster than typical sedans..
Sponsored

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
Imagine our surprise to see March Consumer Reports. We owners apparently have good taste and passion for our trucks! : ) Read the article if you can grab a copy as Rivian lands in top spot throughout many different areas of research...

IMG_7846.jpg

IMG_7847.jpg
You wouldn’t guess that by this forum.

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
I've owned a lot of vehicles, best vehicle in every way by far. 1 year and 9k of no issues and improvements every month. Way more than I ever expected from a brand new company.
I love one pedal. Could even stand higher regen, but probably can’t be done. My wife even loves it which surprised me because it is different from what she is used to. It needs to be cut way back for slick conditions, which it has, but I’m not sure how much. Does anyone know.

Jakelake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
I have used snow mode lots in the last week. You, as a driver, can do the same thing snow mode does by using proper acceleration and regeneration pedal technique but tire choice will also determine how effective snow mode can be. Where it's really effective is when you have to rapidly pull your foot off the accelerator because some idiot changes lanes 2 feet in front of you to make an exit off the highway that he is about to shoot past, and doing it at 45 MPH in a blinding snow storm with 3 inches of packed snow on the road. This happened to me last night. 2 weeks ago I installed a set of Michelin X-ice tires on my truck and it has made all the difference when driving in snow. The combination of reduced regen braking and good tires allowed me to slow just enough to remain in control and avoid hitting the car crossing ahead. For me, good tires are all about avoiding the crazy nuts on the road around me. Snow mode makes it possible to remain in control when you momentarily default to panic driving mode. Early this winter I bought a set of WildPeak tires but after a few snow storms I decided they were not great winter snow tires so I bought the X-ice tires. I'm really glad I did but I now have a set of WildPeak tires with 600 miles on them and will probably never use them. They are a great off road tire but not so great in the snow.
Sponsored

Last edited: