First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Just finished reading through it. Excited.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
For the EVs I have seen charging, the button on the charge handle that will stop charging.

For the Tesla, regardless of a Tesla cord or a J1772, I just hold the button until the indicator light is white then extract the handle. I can stop charger from the charge screen in the car or the mobile app but I never do.

I'd be surprised if this is not similar.
For my volt, I just press the button on the plug and pull it out.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Did anyone notice the front or rear light bars mentioned as showing charge status? I saw a light near the charge door mentioned. ?

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
Do you see 10 external cameras listed in the manual?
I see 6 cameras listed. Where did I miss?
I assume you're referring to the 6 cameras shown to be part of the Gear Guard system. I think that means only 6 of the cameras are used to record in sentry/Gear Guard mode -- not that there aren't other cameras that may part of the driver+ system. For example, page 7 shows a camera on front part of rearview mirror... but that doesn't appear to be one of the 6 used for Gear Guard.

Sponsored

Cale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 RS1 Launch Ed., '09 C4S, '05 Elise, SRF Gen 3
Occupation
Chief Medical Officer Formula One Vegas and Formula E Portland
1. The manual did not speak of a default drive mode. So after it is parked, what happens if I was running it in sport? Does it default back to All-Purpose?

2. If this thing totally shits the bed and self implodes electronically, how do I go into the system and disable the parking brake so it can be towed? I hope that never happens, but with my luck.....

3. I just have to comment on "Don't ingest the battery". I feel sorry for manufacturers who have to put in that kind of language.

Last edited:

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
I'm glad the guide points out the tire. Man...that wudda had me stumped.
That was my exact thought! Someone probably got a chuckle putting that in there.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
It also says standard. My take is that the default mode is conserve mode. I don’t think there is any hidden extra miles to be gained.

My understanding is that you can't certify with the EPA if any "eco" modes are used, so there probably IS some range to be gained here.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
1. The manual did not speak of a default drive mode. So after it is parked, what happens if I was running it in sport? Does it default back to All-Purpose?

2. If this thing totally shits the bed and self implodes electronically, how do I go into the system and disable the parking brake so it can be towed? I hope that never happens, but with my luck.....
It explains towing at the end of the manual.

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Now we can just put RTFM on all the current speculation/question threads. That genre is definitely going to slow down on the forum. ha ha

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

I haven't gone through the manual yet but RJ points out 11 camera locations in the Let's Just Drive question and answer video beginning at 6 minute 37 minute mark or so.

Edit: Skimmed through the first few pages. Looks like manual simplifies the two cameras in rear view mirror to one icon and three cameras in each wing mirror to a single icon each.

(69) New video "Let's Just Drive" & official letter from RJ provides huge update! | Rivian Forums - #1 Community for Rivian, R1T, R1S, R2R
Hew..thanks, feeling better now.
I worried - "they cut down cameras due to chip shortages". :D

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Maximum Operating Altitude for the portable charger of 14,108ft is a bit comical...and probably an easter egg in a way if anything. Feel free to charge up at Pike's Peak...but you won't get much regen on the way down if you fill up ;)

If any limitation due to altitude it I would guess it be related to thermal capacity of the air which would depend on density altitude which could vary drastically with temperature and humidity/pressure to a lesser extent.
A bit of humor.....?

Cale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 RS1 Launch Ed., '09 C4S, '05 Elise, SRF Gen 3
Occupation
Chief Medical Officer Formula One Vegas and Formula E Portland
It explains towing at the end of the manual.
Yes it does. It says you must go into settings>vehicle>service>park brake release. How do you do that if the system is all boogered up? I guess that is why they make skids for vehicle loading.