Sponsored

bmelt

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Infiniti QX56
Hahah, well yes of coarse, in a situations where time is of the essence like a fire things will happen at their speed and they are already trained for electrical fires. I guess I was thinking more about situations when time is not off the essence and things need to be done safely, so disabling the high voltage power needs to be done. The fire crew on site may not always have access to those documents. But I'm not a firefighter, so again, I may just be overthinking it.

I guess the question really is for @bmelt. Would it be worth having a print out of this to give to the first responder if the unfortunate happened?
We have laptops with connectivity in our rigs so if there is time, we can look up the guides as we arrive. We wouldn't be rummaging through a vehicle to find the guide. All manufacturers do use common symbols and markings for the cut loops which helps.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I learned that from this too. I hope it's adjustable or deactivates when it's full. I'd hate to end up hogging a charging spot if someone else needed it more than me and had no way of letting me know.
It probably won't release automatically but you will probably be able to release it remotely via the app and the app will also let you monitor the charge as it progresses (i'm guessing). I also keep a sticky pad in the car and leave a note on the windshield with my cell number on it with instructions to call if someone needs the charger. I'm usually no farther away than the nearest taco stand or bagel shop.