Rivian, please just copy the storage door from VW

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Have you seen the storage door below the center console in the new VW Buzz van?
It's exactly what I want in place of the speaker.

1694609349978.png
RJ already said this is in the works.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

1694609349978.png
They changed the name of the speak dock to “accessory dock” future things that can be put there include locking drawer storage, a small warmer or cooler. Maybe even a large lantern.

honestly I am surprised we don’t have any aftermarket options yet.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

SurfnBike

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TMY
Clubs

100%! The Rivian speaker never worked well for me and is basically dead weight. I took it out and threw it in a box in the garage since I never use it and now I just have an empty void in my center console.

Putting a couple of extra cup holders (or even ones that can hold larger water bottles, e.g. Nalgene) or some lockable storage for your wallet/phone/key fob while you go out on a trail run (with the wrist band or keycard for access) would have been much more practical.

Sponsored

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
They should create a slide-in additional powered subwoofer that is linked to the radio.

EchoDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Yellow,Quad,20 ; Model Y LR
Clubs

100%! The Rivian speaker never worked well for me and is basically dead weight. I took it out and threw it in a box in the garage since I never use it and now I just have an empty void in my center console.

Putting a couple of extra cup holders (or even ones that can hold larger water bottles, e.g. Nalgene) or some lockable storage for your wallet/phone/key fob while you go out on a trail run (with the wrist band or keycard for access) would have been much more practical.
A jackery/bluetti style battery would be my preference

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

We do. On this forum even.
So you are saying this forum has people offering aftermarket products? Prove me wrong.

Honestly I am in this forum a lot. I have never seen an aftermarket product for the “accessory dock” formally known as the speaker dock. I am longing for a locking storage drawer or a powered cooler that goes in there. I challenge you to show me one aftermarket product for this.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So you are saying this forum has people offering aftermarket products? Prove me wrong.

Honestly I am in this forum a lot. I have never seen an aftermarket product for the “accessory dock” formally known as the speaker dock. I am longing for a locking storage drawer or a powered cooler that goes in there. I challenge you to show me one aftermarket product for this.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...placement-by-twraps-preview.17161/post-388297

And the link to the Etsy store there:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1495874771

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Not to pick apart what you sent because you are correct there was one and that’s what I asked for. But it was buried inside another thread pretty deep. And it’s made at home to sell on Etsy. A printed part that anyone with a printer can make.

I guess I am looking for a real manufactured aftermarket part. You made it sound like I was missing some huge release of great aftermarket products. Something that matches the quality of the truck. I am sure this shelf that locks in works though. Reviews like the functionality of it just not the finish.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not to pick apart what you sent because you are correct there was one and that’s what I asked for. But it was buried inside another thread pretty deep. And it’s made at home to sell on Etsy. A printed part that anyone with a printer can make.

I guess I am looking for a real manufactured aftermarket part. You made it sound like I was missing some huge release of great aftermarket products. Something that matches the quality of the truck. I am sure this shelf that locks in works though. Reviews like the functionality of it just not the finish.
There are others. You just have to look a bit harder.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

1694609349978.png
Wish Console Safes would make a lockable one like this.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Dude, seriously? Pretty rude to someone trying to help you. Go google it if you're going to behave like a child.
Sponsored

Last edited: