Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
There's no mistaking those stadium headlights on the Wallbox web site.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian pic on Wallbox website _PULSAR_MOBILE

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian pic on Wallbox website _PULSAR_DESKTOP
Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Is.....is that a ROSE GOLD R1T?!?! (or R1S)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Do we know who the Rivian partner will be to produce the branded charger?

OP
OP
electruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Do we know who the Rivian partner will be to produce the branded charger?
Not officially. My guess is Wallbox and Rivian were simply doing some compatibility testing and that the picture doesn't imply any broader collaboration.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Not officially. My guess is Wallbox and Rivian were simply doing some compatibility testing and that the picture doesn't imply any broader collaboration.
I think it's likely Photoshopped. Unless Wallbox is Rivian's EVSE partner.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Note the different respective heights of the Wallbox.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Call me old fashioned, but if you cant get spelling right on your webpage I am not likely to buy your product.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian pic on Wallbox website Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.11.33 AM

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Call me old fashioned, but if you cant get spelling right on your webpage I am not likely to buy your product.
Oh I’m so glad to see I’m not the only one with this rule - if a company doesn’t have enough concern about their public image to hire an editor to review all of their publications, what makes us believe they’ll be concerned enough to actually make a great product? And the day Rivian publishes anything using “breaks” instead of “brakes” I’m canceling my preorder. :punch:

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Jeeze, I just noticed they misspelled "from" as well...

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.11.33 AM.png
They're out of Spain, so maybe "Specificactions" is a thing there, and "frmo" is some millenial acronym, right? LOL.

Totally agree though!

OP
OP
electruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I think it's likely Photoshopped. Unless Wallbox is Rivian's EVSE partner.
Definitely a possibility.
Note the different respective heights of the Wallbox.
They actually have 3 different pictures tailored for presentation by client device type (desktop, mobile and tablet) and I linked 2 of the 3 because they showed slightly different details. Perhaps they simply framed 3 different shots instead of cropping one shot to 3 different aspect ratios? In addition to slightly different perspectives, note the first shot (for mobile devices) also shows a narrow black object behind the vehicle and which appears to be propped against the wall (based on its shadow on the wall). This doesn't rule out photoshop but that plus the difference in camera position relative to the Rivian does at least allow for the possibility that multiple shots were taken. There are also reflections of the Pulsar, etc in the Rivian's paint. While a good photoshop could achieve those effects, it seems unlikely anyone would have gone through the effort for a shot like that on a web site (especially when they aren't even bothering to run a spell checker). There also aren't a lot of pictures of the Rivian test vehicles with the blacked out lights floating around. If it were photoshopped it would seem the odds would suggest the selection of a picture of the production intent headlights.

With Wallbox having a sales office in Mountain View, I still think the 2 companies were just doing some compatibility testing to make sure the products work together seamlessly and Wallbox grabbed some marketing pics. But regardless of how/why a Rivian ended up on the Wallbox web site, it still reinforces the fact that Rivian is "really happening".

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Is.....is that a ROSE GOLD R1T?!?! (or R1S)
It's got some of that Lexus pearlescent sheen to it - if this is the direction they're going in for the Glacier White, I might be intrigued. But I'm not yet holding my breath, there definitely might be some photo editing magic at play here.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's got some of that Lexus pearlescent sheen to it - if this is the direction they're going in for the Glacier White, I might be intrigued. But I'm not yet holding my breath, there definitely might be some photo editing magic at play here.
Glacier White is the only Rivian color without metal flake, so it will not have that sort of sheen. Maybe a future white option to come though...

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Glacier White is the only Rivian color without metal flake, so it will not have that sort of sheen. Maybe a future white option to come though...
That's what I thought too - which is why I'm leaning to this image being photoshopped. I'm sure there's a wrap that will achieve the effect :).
Sponsored