kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

^^ they just want to sell you their camo/test vehicles! ?? jkin of course that would be awesome as I wouldnt have to worry about getting it wrapped after! Though if they are charging $3500 for non forged wheels wraps over the factory paint might be quite a $$$$$ option.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
^^ they just want to sell you their camo/test vehicles! ?? jkin of course that would be awesome as I wouldnt have to worry about getting it wrapped after! Though if they are charging $3500 for non forged wheels wraps over the factory paint might be quite a $$$$$ option.
Yup, every option offered at this point is a way for them to pad their margins (which they are fully entitled to do, of course). Especially if they aren't manufacturing the thing (e.g. the wrap) there's no point in expecting an attractive price on it at this stage. Just something to keep in mind when debating between factory-installed vs. third party.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

^^ Fully agree I don't mind paying if I think its worth the value. For wheels that are just "Black" powder coating a set coasts less than $3500 so its not worth it for me, but if a wrap is anywhere below $6k I would say its definitely worth it esepcially if its back by a factory warranty.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
While I have no intention in delaying delivery for a wrap, there is definitely some appeal to getting a new vehicle wrapped, letting that take abuse for a few years, and then peeling it off to fresh paint down the road.

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
The right wrap might be pretty cool, but I would not want to be the person that took off the wrap a few years down the road and find problems with the paint that had been covered up...

Better to take delivery, inspect the paint, and have a business that specialized in wraps do a paint correction and wrap. Based on the option costs we have seen so far, it would probably cost less also.

Dlcromwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 VW Thing, 2020 Honda Passport, 2000 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
The right wrap might be pretty cool, but I would not want to be the person that took off the wrap a few years down the road and find problems with the paint that had been covered up...

Better to take delivery, inspect the paint, and have a business that specialized in wraps do a paint correction and wrap. Based on the option costs we have seen so far, it would probably cost less also.
Agree with after market wrap. The proposed Factory wrap looks like an old black and white TV test pattern. Yes, I am old enough to remember the real thing.

dyb51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 M3 Coupe
I always thought the wrap below was pretty cool...and hoped they would make it available so I can consider it. I also want a Rivian mask! I did a quality aftermarket wrap on my M3 and removed it 10 years later...the paint was flawless. It's a pretty decent approach if you know you're gonna keep your ride for the long term. I'm all in on Launch Green...wonder how it would look with the wrap. Wish we could get some pics of LG without the wrap...is that so much to ask?!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian may offer factory wraps 1610427476301

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
The matte black wrap in the just released Patagonia update video is sick! Wish they offered that from the factory.

Reactions: CE1

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I emailed customer support on 1/12/21 to express interest in purchasing a factory vinyl wrap. Unfortunately this was the resopnse "WE value your input, and iI'll be sure to pass that along! We won't have vehicle wraps available at launch. Anything is possible for the future!"
While I think factory wraps similar to the "El Cap" would benefit Rivian to stand out and consumers to protect thier investment/ resale value... It would also add complexity to the initial production ramp.
It can't hurt to let Rivian know if you would want the option, "Anything is possible".
Sponsored